F Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
No mention of this kid yet but he’s a 2004 birth year who plays for 2003 DMF (easily there best player) also skated in silver stick (did not look out of place at all) for the 2002 DMF. Impressive player does everything well. Just maybe someone to look for next year.. maybe an exceptional player. Has the tools but in saying that I have seen him play only a few times

Reactions: Wings4Life

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
No mention of this kid yet but he’s a 2004 birth year who plays for 2003 DMF (easily there best player) also skated in silver stick (did not look out of place at all) for the 2002 DMF. Impressive player does everything well. Just maybe someone to look for next year.. maybe an exceptional player. Has the tools but in saying that I have seen him play only a few times

Who are these teams?

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Don mills flyers sorry, so he’s minor bantam age playing major bantam AAA and played in one of the largest minor midget AAA tournaments all for the same Organization

Thanks, do you have a stat line for this up and comer?

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
Thanks, do you have a stat line for this up and comer?
No I don’t, more then anything I am going off of word of mouth. Few of my athletes have played against him
And give him incredible praise. So I checked him out and the praise is worthy. 200 foot player

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Another 2004 birth year like Matthew Savoie whom some are speculating could be granted exceptional status by Hockey Canada and the CHL.

Priority Selection | '03 Mid-Term Top-200: Released

1) Shane Wright: If his YOB was 2003, make no mistake that he's the clear-cut #1 in this crop, in our mind. Unfortunately that's not the case, as his January 5th, 2004 birthdate won't make him automatically eligible. That being said, being the top player in the '03 age group, we've decided to include him in our '03 ranking for the bantam season and will make a similar determination next year. Ultimately, the OHL and Hockey Canada may have to make a decision on whether or not that's the case. It's pretty clear they missed an opportunity with Jack Hughes, although it's ambiguous about how that all went down, but with Joseph Veleno and Sean Day still on the books, the jury is out as to whether or not they'll go down this path again.

cheddar seeker

Sep 12, 2017
I have seen Wright play. He is a very strong prospect. I feel that the CHL will be much more guarded with exceptional player status because the last 2 guys (Day and Veleno) have been relatively disappointing. In my opinion, an exceptional player status should be reserved for a player who is just that, EXCEPTIONAL. With players like McDavid, Tavares and even Ekblad, it was warranted. They all were drafted first overall in the NHL. Day and Veleno are good players, but both could end up complete busts. I don't think Day will ever be anything in the NHL. Wright will have to absolutely dominate Midget Minor next year to even be considered.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Another 2004 birth year like Matthew Savoie whom some are speculating could be granted exceptional status by Hockey Canada and the CHL.

1) Shane Wright: If his YOB was 2003, make no mistake that he's the clear-cut #1 in this crop, in our mind. Unfortunately that's not the case, as his January 5th, 2004 birthdate won't make him automatically eligible. That being said, being the top player in the '03 age group, we've decided to include him in our '03 ranking for the bantam season and will make a similar determination next year. Ultimately, the OHL and Hockey Canada may have to make a decision on whether or not that's the case. It's pretty clear they missed an opportunity with Jack Hughes, although it's ambiguous about how that all went down, but with Joseph Veleno and Sean Day still on the books, the jury is out as to whether or not they'll go down this path again.
I don't think Hockey Canada made any major mistakes with Hughes. We all thought he was a dual, but now that we know both parents are American and despite growing up in Toronto, Jack was only an American citizen. It's not like granting exceptional status would have helped sway him to picking Canada. Unless they're referring to just missing out on such a big talent coming to the CHL, then yeah. Is there a rule about granting exceptional status to Americans?

But if Wright puts up another monster season I hope Hockey Canada doesn't feel too burned by the Day/ Veleno, if it's warranted then he should get it.

Last edited:

MN Hockey Scout

Feb 5, 2018
Another top 2004 prospect to be on the lookout for is Maddox Fleming. Fleming is playing varsity hockey and Minnesota and averaging close to 2 points a game. He fits in with a high elite crop of 2004 players whom colleges are intensely looking at. He is easily in the top 4 forwards in the states which includes Rutger McGroarty, Nick Pierre, and Frank Nazar.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Another top 2004 prospect to be on the lookout for is Maddox Fleming. Fleming is playing varsity hockey and Minnesota and averaging close to 2 points a game. He fits in with a high elite crop of 2004 players whom colleges are intensely looking at. He is easily in the top 4 forwards in the states which includes Rutger McGroarty, Nick Pierre, and Frank Nazar.

Haven't seen any of these guys, save for McGroarty in a WSI game, but there looks to be a lot of high end forwards in this age group.

In Ontario, i've been impressed with Shane Wright, Adam Fantilli, Kocha Delic, and Brody Crane

MN Hockey Scout

Feb 5, 2018
Haven't seen any of these guys, save for McGroarty in a WSI game, but there looks to be a lot of high end forwards in this age group.

In Ontario, i've been impressed with Shane Wright, Adam Fantilli, Kocha Delic, and Brody Crane
Actually saw a game between Fleming and Wright in Winnipeg. Each had 5 or 6 points each

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Maddox Fleming and Rutger McGroarty are some funky names

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014

After 30 plus years of seeing the young minor hockey phenoms come and go I’ve learned to temper my enthusiasm , to a certain degree, when I see that (early) January birthdate. That said , never seen him play but have heard the accolades for s couple seasons now. Be interesting to watch

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
After 30 plus years of seeing the young minor hockey phenoms come and go I’ve learned to temper my enthusiasm , to a certain degree, when I see that (early) January birthdate. That said , never seen him play but have heard the accolades for s couple seasons now. Be interesting to watch

Even though he's playing up a year and dominating, that January birthday tempers your enthusiasm?

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Even though he's playing up a year and dominating, that January birthday tempers your enthusiasm?

Both him and Savoie have January birthdays so it will be really easy to compare them in that sense. They are both getting typical high end hype and are both deserving of it so far.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Red Solo Cup

Jul 17, 2018
i can’t find any stats on this kid, hopefully he is doing very well. can anybody speak to his potential upside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad