Prospect Info: (F) Oliver Moore - 2023 NHL Draft, 19th Overall

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think the Hawks should finish around bottom 5, their over/under in regular season points is 71.5 on Draft Kings. Others are Anaheim at 66.5, San Jose at 68.5, Montreal at 70.5, Columbus at 72.5, Arizona at 73.5, Philadelphia at 76.5. Those will likely be (still) the clear cut bottom 7 teams and someone else would have to have a bad run of injuries to crack that group.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I don't think they're going to have a top 5 pick unless they win the lottery. I think there's 5-6 teams worse than them now that they have Bedard.
Bedard isn’t gonna stop our terrible goaltending and defense.

We have one dangerous line.

Only teams that will be bad like us next year is San Jose. Anaheim and Columbus got a lot better and will likely not have as many injuries, Montreal will likely be healthier

Anaheim even if they lose Gibson will likely improve just off not having Eakins as a coach yes he is that bad of a coach. Dude makes Colliton look like a Jack Adams winning coach

Last edited:
Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Columbus and AZ should be better than us. MTL will be close to as bad as us but I think should finish above us. And they would draft dumb again probably so not worried about them. Basically SJ, ANA, and PHI are our biggest competitors for suck.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I'm going to say we are a 100% lock to finish bottom 5.

Goaltending is going to sink us more than anything. Also an extremely thin defense. Especially if 2 rookie D are in the line up throughout the year. Mistakes will be made.

Sub 70 points.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I'm going to say we are a 100% lock to finish bottom 5.

Goaltending is going to sink us more than anything. Also an extremely thin defense. Especially if 2 rookie D are in the line up throughout the year. Mistakes will be made.

Sub 70 points.
I'm not so sure Soderblom is gonna be terrible.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I'm not so sure Soderblom is gonna be terrible.

He could be league average. I doubt it though. I can't see him having a sp around .905-.910.

Mrazek will be far below league average when healthy.

I have no faith in Stauber.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Stalock helped the Hawks win some games that they shouldn't have last year. I mean it all worked out perfectly in the end but no Stalock this year could mean more losses. I don't know. Any team that adds Bedard should obviously improve but I'm just not so sure.

Odds are the team will still finish bottom 5, which is what's best to continue the rebuild.

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
Bedard isn’t gonna stop our terrible goaltending and defense.

We have one dangerous line.

Only teams that will be bad like us next year is San Jose. Anaheim and Columbus got a lot better and will likely not have as many injuries, Montreal will likely be healthier

Anaheim even if they lose Gibson will likely improve just off not having Eakins as a coach yes he is that bad of a coach. Dude makes Colliton look like a Jack Adams winning coach
Philly is definitely going to be in the mix for worst team, but yes I see SJ/Philly/Chicago as bottom 3.

CBJ should make major improvements (they got decimated by injuries last year). Anaheim should in theory be much better but it's still a very young team so they need guys to take that next step in their development.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
CBJ should make major improvements (they got decimated by injuries last year). Anaheim should in theory be much better but it's still a very young team so they need guys to take that next step in their development.

I just do not like the culture with those young guys in Anaheim. When you got a guy like MacTavish who was supporting them losing games to get Bedard during the season... yea they have a losing type mentality over there. Maybe it was cuz of their coach and them tuning him out but they badly need more veterans in that room to hold those kids accountable. I won't be surprised if they sucked again this year (although not worst record in the league suck. That will be the Sharks and only the Sharks especially if they trade Karlsson then they'll really suck).

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
It's all about being in the bottom-10 and ping pong balls and I'm pretty certain they will be in the bottom-10. Then we hope lady luck will smile on the Hawks again and they will pick #1 or #2.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It's all about being in the bottom-10 and ping pong balls and I'm pretty certain they will be in the bottom-10. Then we hope lady luck will smile on the Hawks again and they will pick #1 or #2.
Isn't there some rule that you can't move up in the Lotto twice? As it is, happy to move up in the Bedard year even though the '24 prospects look good.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Isn't there some rule that you can't move up in the Lotto twice? As it is, happy to move up in the Bedard year even though the '24 prospects look good.

I believe the rule is you can't move up more than twice in a 5 year period - so the Hawks are still eligible to move up one more time over the next 4 years.

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
I believe the rule is you can't move up more than twice in a 5 year period - so the Hawks are still eligible to move up one more time over the next 4 years.
This is correct but there's a caveat to that: you can't move up more than twice with YOUR OWN pick.

So if we move up this year, we're still eligible to move up again if one of the picks we traded for ends up winning.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
This is correct but there's a caveat to that: you can't move up more than twice with YOUR OWN pick.

So if we move up this year, we're still eligible to move up again if one of the picks we traded for ends up winning.
The picks the Hawks traded for are top 10 protected. Both Tampa's and Tronna's.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
The picks the Hawks traded for are top 10 protected. Both Tampa's and Tronna's.
But only protected for one year. If Tampa picked number 9 next year, they’d keep their pick. But if they won the lottery the following year, that pick goes to us regardless.

Is it likely? No. But there’s a hilarious scenario where we win the lottery three years in a row.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
But only protected for one year. If Tampa picked number 9 next year, they’d keep their pick. But if they won the lottery the following year, that pick goes to us regardless.

Is it likely? No. But there’s a hilarious scenario where we win the lottery three years in a row.
Would the lottery win restriction not matter if it's another team's pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad