Prospect Info: (F) Oliver Moore - 2023 NHL Draft, 19th Overall

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

“Pace, fastest player in the draft, high motor, work ethic and, again, just a great attitude, team-first guy, team-first concepts,” Blackhawks general manger Kyle Davidson said. “Plays fast, plays hard, relentless. Love it. … We had Oliver way higher than we picked him. We were constantly trying to move up for a lot of picks. I was on the phone the whole time, almost from when I got back to my seat to when we went up on stage (for the first pick). I was working the phones trying to get up with him in mind. So, it’s almost a perfect scenario where we just stayed, we didn’t have to give up any extra picks to get up and get him. We just stuck at our 19th overall and got the guy we were trying to get anyway.”

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Too bad Gajan is going to Minnesota-Duluth. Would've been fun to watch him, Rinzel and Moore on the same team.
I am still holding out a tiny bit of hope he decides to flip as he hasn't signed his NLI with UMD yet and will have all of next season in the USHL to think about it.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
And a couple cats named Logan Cooley and Jimmy Snuggerud. And maybe... a fellow named Cole Eiserman.

Just sucks cuz unless Moore plays wing, he'll once again be regulated to the bottom 6. Maybe he'll be the 2C on that team. But man they're gonna be loaded. Alot of top prospects similar to the Seattle Thunderbirds in the WHL.

Kinda hope Fantilli jumps to the NHL so Nazar can be the main guy but that's unlikely now for example.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Just sucks cuz unless Moore plays wing, he'll once again be regulated to the bottom 6. Maybe he'll be the 2C on that team. But man they're gonna be loaded. Alot of top prospects similar to the Seattle Thunderbirds in the WHL.

Kinda hope Fantilli jumps to the NHL so Nazar can be the main guy but that's unlikely now for example.
Moore will either center the second line (and potentially even have Eiserman on his wing), or play wing with Cooley and Snuggerud for one year, put up a ton of points, and move back to center as a sophomore.

He will get tons of ice time.

Reactions: Idionym

Larmer83

May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

Eiserman won't join Minnesota until the 2024-25 season. This coming season Moore will be the #2 center behind Cooley.

Moore will go from #2 center behind Will Smith, Logan Cooley, and eventually Connor Bedard.

For the US U18 team he produced more than a point per game against NCAA competition this past season. That's without 1st PP unit time and not playing with Smith and Perrault. On rare occasions he played with Leonard. Certainly stranger things have happened but he should be the #2 center on Minnesota.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

I cant remember who said it. But I thought I heard it said on NHL radio yesterday that Fantilli is expected to stick with Columbus right away.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Larmer83

May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

Fantilli signed with Columbus. Good news for Nazar.

Reactions: clydesdale line

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Think he will do one or two years in college?

Or how long before we see him in the NHL, 25-26, 26-27?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Minnesota coach discusses Moore. Could potentially be on the top line with Cooley and Snuggerud if they try him at wing (Knies the only one who "graduated") his freshman year or be the second line center.

Minnesota should be very deep this year and can make another run with quite a few 5th year players returning as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad