Prospect Info: F Kirill Tankov (7th round, #218 overall, 2021)

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Zlobin sounds like the Russian version of Blumpkin.

He's actually quite dynamic in space, whereas Puustinen is not for me...Puustinen waits in the weeds and his skill chaining isn't that interesting to me...

Tankov is sort of the opposite...he has excellent hands and plays on a bad team and is allowed just to do whatever he wants, but he cares about it despite losing like 3 out of 4 games in his junior career...Tankov looks like he just loves to play and have the puck and go every other shift and experiment with his weaponry...

The juxtaposition of these posts. That's why I love HFPens. :laugh:

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
He's actually quite dynamic in space, whereas Puustinen is not for me...Puustinen waits in the weeds and his skill chaining isn't that interesting to me...

Tankov is sort of the opposite...he has excellent hands and plays on a bad team and is allowed just to do whatever he wants, but he cares about it despite losing like 3 out of 4 games in his junior career...Tankov looks like he just loves to play and have the puck and go every other shift and experiment with his weaponry...
Kovalev light?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
TBH. Hextall's group has hit pretty decently in later rounds. Wouldn't be surprised if one of these 7th round guys makes it.

He was GM of the Flyers from 2014-18:

Those late picks?
2018 - Nothing yet.
2017 - 7th rounder Wyatt Kalynuk - 21 games - the year he took Nolan Patrick 2nd overall over Heiskanen, Makar, Pettersson...all very highly touted prospects and Patrick already had red flags.
2016 - 6th rounder Tanner Laczynski - 5 games
2015 - 6th rounder Cooper Marody - 6 games, 5th round David Kase - 7 games, and 4th round Mikhail Vorobyov - 35 games.
2014 - 5th round Oskar Lindblom - 184 games.

Hard to really say, unless you think late picks are 3rd rounders? He's done well with the higher picks like Konecny, Farabee, Provorov, Hart, Sanheim, Aubel, Allison, Frost...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Those late picks?
2018 - Nothing yet.
2017 - 7th rounder Wyatt Kalynuk - 21 games - the year he took Nolan Patrick 2nd overall over Heiskanen, Makar, Pettersson...all very highly touted prospects and Patrick already had red flags.
2015 - 6th rounder Cooper Marody - 6 games, 5th round David Kase - 7 games, and 4th round Mikhail Vorobyov - 35 games.

Hard to really say, unless you think late picks are 3rd rounders? He's done well with the higher picks like Konecny, Farabee, Provorov, Hart, Sanheim, Aubel, Allison, Frost...

Kase and Bunnaman look like solid NHLers and Lindblom is a hell of a pick. How many NHLers are you expecting from these rounds?

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

Those late picks?
2018 - Nothing yet.

that is fantastic work?

Reactions: Gurglesons

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I think thats a pretty decent stat line for low round picks. If a 7th rounder becomes a good AHLer thats pretty much a decent pick, if he has any chance at making the NHL and does get some games its a good one

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Seems to be your take on DOC so why is it any different here?

I didn't know DOC has spent 120~ games in the AHL and 6yrs after being drafted/signed only managed 7 games.

Cray Cray.

giphy.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Gargledsons apparently took offense to me just putting the research up, which was more for my sake and anyone that was curious.

Apparently he's also incapable of seeing my previous comments about how I think Hextall is good at rebuilding the prospect/development pool which I think this team badly needs.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Assuming Kalynuk is solid enough this year-
2 regulars that are positive players
1 guy that got a cup of coffee
And a few others that saw games and were ok NHLers?

that’s really great for 5 year sample 5th round or later.

That's why I posted those names. There were many I left off, I posted the ones he drafted that have played some in that span of 2014-2018.

He did well there with drafting, developing, recouping picks and restocking their prospect pool, which is, again, what he did in LA with their scouting department. He's good at that, it's what I expect him to sort out here, our drafting has been dwindling for a bit now, even if we do get solid prospects, we rarely see them used anymore, so maybe Hextall finally changes that - Him just changing that, is a huge win imo. If he can get Sullivan to actually start using youth again.
Salary Cap: - Salary Cap Thread - Waiting for Goaldot

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Doesn’t seem like he’s gonna be in the KHL.
Yeah I just noticed he's showing up for the MHL again, in that case, I wonder how long that lasts? If he's playing well enough, I guess he can go into the KHL, but I would like to see him get used to the physicality of the N.A game and the ice surface, the game differential is like what, 64 in the MHL vs 68 in the OHL, etc?

He's a late pick, so at best it'd just be interesting to see if he can even make it to the AHL.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
I watched his highlight reels again. For a 7th round pick, if anyone complains, they are crazy. His skating stride is good, obviously he can dangle, his shot looks like it has a quick release but overall placement/power seems lacking - which may improve when he bulks up. His team has him at 6'1" 181 so he's got a solid frame. Best case scenario IMO is that he makes the jump to the VHL quickly this year and has a chance for a KHL call-up at some point.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I watched his highlight reels again. For a 7th round pick, if anyone complains, they are crazy. His skating stride is good, obviously he can dangle, his shot looks like it has a quick release but overall placement/power seems lacking - which may improve when he bulks up. His team has him at 6'1" 181 so he's got a solid frame. Best case scenario IMO is that he makes the jump to the VHL quickly this year and has a chance for a KHL call-up at some point.
Most end up jumping VHL for the drafted ones, no? Is it weird he wasn't even in the VHL last year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad