Prospect Info: F Kirill Tankov (7th round, #218 overall, 2021)

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I can't wait for him to come to NA so coaches can tell him to stop stick handling and start dumping the puck in the corner every time.

Sullivan will definitely tell him to stop trying to produce offense creatively…just go north-south, get the puck to the D man and get in front of the net for a deflection…there, not so hard to generate offense…I hope we bothered with this kid because the FO knew Sullivan wouldn’t be here when he’s NHL-ready….

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
lul....

Is this pick some kind of libation to ex-penguins and their history of skill?

This kid looks like sullivans worst nightmare.

Reactions: vodeni

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Looks like they let that Russian amateur scout they just hired make a pick. FWIW, another guy I know who does a lot of personal scouting was very pleased to see the Pens picked this guy, so who knows. 7th rounder, so w/e

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Be nice to hear from someone familiar with Russian leagues give their opinion on where he’s going next year, VHL?

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
In over half of those highlights, there isn't even a shot on goal after the dangles.

He has hands. If he figures out how to put it all together without getting flattened by more competent defensemen, he'll be a steal.

Expecting anything of note from him or any of the other 7th rounders is a foolish endeavor, however.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I can't imagine he even sniffs the AHL. He's all dangles and will get his career ended in 1st game in North America.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
He's actually quite dynamic in space, whereas Puustinen is not for me...Puustinen waits in the weeds and his skill chaining isn't that interesting to me...

Tankov is sort of the opposite...he has excellent hands and plays on a bad team and is allowed just to do whatever he wants, but he cares about it despite losing like 3 out of 4 games in his junior career...Tankov looks like he just loves to play and have the puck and go every other shift and experiment with his weaponry...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad