Prospect Info: F Kirill Tankov (7th round, #218 overall, 2021)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
u8hHbq.gif

Reactions: Night Shift

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I’m guessing he doesn’t play defense and can’t skate, because his puck handling and production seem to point towards going a bit higher than 7th round, no?

know nothing about the kid, really.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’m guessing he doesn’t play defense and can’t skate, because his puck handling and production seem to point towards going a bit higher than 7th round, no?

know nothing about the kid, really.
MHL is below VHL which is below KHL. And it’s his 2nd draft.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Prokhor Poltapov was drafted 33OA over a season spent entirely in the MHL apart from one game though, and he had a very similar ppg pace to what Tankov had with Morozova. Sure, Poltapov had a great U18s and isn't in his second year, but you can definitely get drafted in the second round as an MHL player with Tankov's numbers - Fedotov this year had worse.

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario
The MHL is more like Major Junior there isn't it? Like NHL (KHL), AHL(VHL) and Canadian Hockey League(MHL). Kinda like drafting a kid who did well in the O after not being taken in his first year of eligibility.

Reactions: iamjs

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Prokhor Poltapov was drafted 33OA over a season spent entirely in the MHL apart from one game though, and he had a very similar ppg pace to what Tankov had with Morozova. Sure, Poltapov had a great U18s and isn't in his second year, but you can definitely get drafted in the second round as an MHL player with Tankov's numbers - Fedotov this year had worse.
Yeah. Still, I’d imagine he’ll go to VHL next before KHL. Hard to tell what system he’s in, SKA? Even Podkolzin had trouble moving up in that org.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
It feels like it's been awhile since we got to follow a prospect in Russia so I'm excited he plays for a org that's accessible to watch. I wish Tankov well because SKA is one of, if not the most difficult Russian team to advance with. Hopefully he can make the best of it or get traded to a less wealthy team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->