F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey2015

Jun 30, 2014
#18 Juraj Slafkovsky (Slovakia U16) goal against Czech U16. Slafkovsky in game 1g+2a. 08.04.2019 Slovakia game wins 6:4.
giphy.gif

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He was 2+5 in 7 games at WSI U14. Ilya Ivantsov was 7+17 in 9 games at WSI U14, but a year before. Miroshnichenko, who's the same age as Slafkovsky, is even better, that Ivantsov. And Michkov is better, than Miroshnichenko...

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He was 2+5 in 7 games at WSI U14. Ilya Ivantsov was 7+17 in 9 games at WSI U14, but a year before. Miroshnichenko, who's the same age as Slafkovsky, is even better, that Ivantsov. And Michkov is better, than Miroshnichenko...
I don't want to dispute who is better player, they are all still guys (talented guys) but you need to consider also the fact that Slafkovsky played for North American select, so he couldn't absolutely know his teammates before the tournament..also the way the Americans play is different from European.
I think it was for the first time he played with foreigners so this could influence little bit his performance at this tournament. But still we don't know the way he played, stats are not everything.
I think the last WSI tournament helped him to see the hockey also from other perspective.

Reactions: DannyShock

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
What are this comparison for :)? In a few years, it turns out who’ s got it. Maybe there are boys, we don’t know about at this time, and they will be ahead of everyone in future. :D

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I would’ve put him in the u18 team for the tournament, because why the **** not.

Next year.

But, if i understand the rules, he could play also this year. Is that correct?

Born Mar 30, 2004, 15 years old to this day.

From IIHF Rule Books:

i. For age-specific tournaments, notably U18 and U20, there is both
a minimum and a maximum age for player eligibility. The minimum
age is 15.

Player Eligibility: The players participating in any IIHF Ice Hockey U18 World
Championship must be eligible to compete as a male athlete and be no younger than
fifteen years of age, and no older than eighteen years of age, by December 31 of the
year in which the Championship Season ends. No under-age waiver is permitted.

Reactions: degustator

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Will he stay in Czech U19 league for this season? Does someone know it?
It is a pitty that he did not get into U18 national precamp team for Hlinka cup considering the fact that he was one of the most productive players in U16, between 2003 last season. And some 2003 borns are on the pre camp roster for Hlinka cup...

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
It is a pitty that he did not get into U18 national precamp team for Hlinka cup considering the fact that he was one of the most productive players in U16, between 2003 last season. And some 2003 borns are on the pre camp roster for Hlinka cup...
I agree. I’d have included him even just with bottom 6 minutes. See what he can do, he’s not a chip and chase kinda guy. He can make plays happen.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
I've just read that he will not play in Hradec Kralove this season. Maybe on his way to Sweden or Finland.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
I've just read that he will not play in Hradec Kralove this season. Maybe on his way to Sweden or Finland.
Just read that article on hokej. cz. Damn, so many czech players going to SWE/FIN. Especially Alscher is big loss for Czech league. Kid is so talented.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Just read that article on hokej. cz. Damn, so many czech players going to SWE/FIN. Especially Alscher is big loss for Czech league. Kid is so talented.
Loss for Czech league. Win for Czech hockey. The players will develop better in SWE/FIN. That's just how it is. Czech development system sucks.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Loss for Czech league. Win for Czech hockey. The players will develop better in SWE/FIN. That's just how it is. Czech development system sucks.

You are developing more top prospects so I feel if all the top players stayed plus perhaps u19 league turned to u20, the youth ranks would be alot more competative in the Czech Republic, coaching probably remains an issue however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad