F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He has been playing for a one year older boys last year in slovak national team. I saw him in Jihlava U15 tournament in april 2018 against 2 czech teams and a one regional swedish team, was in a very good performance.
Yes I heard about his performance on that tournament but still all guys are one year older now, so we will see..

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I’ve seen Juraj in 5 games this term.
He’s very good at:
- One of the best shots at his age I’ve ever seen, he shoots better than alot of kids in Slovak u20 league. Hard and accurate.
-Uses body well to protect the puck
-Good IQ, knows where to be at right time

Needs to improve:
-Skating (who doesn’t really)
-Play with his head up more, too often puts head down and just drives ahead.
-Follow offenseive threat through neutral zone more effectively. Can get caught watching.

Last edited:
Reactions: DannyShock

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He’s very good at:
- One of the best shots at his age I’ve ever seen, he shoots better than alot of kids in Slovak u20 league. Hard and accurate.

Needs to improve:
-Follow offenseive threat through neutral zone more effectively. Can get caught watching.

Skating is must. He needs to improve it although I think he is not falling behind in comparison to his peers.
As far as I know he is already trying to improve his skating through special power skating trainings. I think the guy seems to have good work ethic and that is together with his talent very important thing.
I wish him good luck and health in his future career.

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
He’s very good at:

Needs to improve:

I saw him few week ago at an international level. Very good twoway play, I don´t think, he´s on the ice "without head up", in reverse head up better than 90% boys in his age. With others, I agree with you.

Reactions: lostinwarsaw

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Today’s game against Kladno I saw. This was the best game I’ve seen from juraj in all. He had 2 goals and 3 assists, and was a constant threat whenever on the ice. Man can this kid shoot the puck

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Today’s game against Kladno I saw.

3d9b12b812c1342682189a840642deea-full.jpg

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He collected 6 points for 2 goals and 4 assists in the first 2 playoff games.
Normally that would be nothing special but his team scored totally only 8 goals so Juraj's impact was huge in both games.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
The two upcoming international friendly games against the Czech U16 will be streamed on Youtube. Slovakia seems to be taking their top squad including Slafkovsky, I am interested to see that team.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He scored 1 goal and added 2 assists against Czech U16 yesterday by 6:4 win. Just for reminder, he played against 1 year older players.
On the other side the Czechs did not have their best team, they were missing ca. 10 players.

Time 20:40

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He scored 1 goal and added 2 assists against Czech U16 yesterday by 6:4 win. Just for reminder, he played against 1 year older players.
On the other side the Czechs did not have their best team, they were missing ca. 10 players.

Time 20:40

Who is the Slovak goalie? Think he will become quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad