F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
Very good for Slovakia...maybe have such a player, a pity they can not keep at home, still a lot of work is ahead of him, but he has a good supposition to reach will be the top level. His biologocal age is on the front... good tremendous hockey sense in this age.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Does anyone know age of the youngest player to ever play in Czech Extraliga? No chance Slafkovsky goes there this year, but potentially next year unless he goes to another country.
I know you are excited about this guy but you have to realise that Extraliga doesn't have so many juniors players, lot of Czech junior can't even make the team when they're 18 or 19 years old, do you really think that a 15 year old SLOVAK will get a chance? Like sorry, but I don't see that happening, maybe in Chance liga, but Extraliga is little too much. But I hope that I'm wrong, I would like to see some young guys playing there.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
I know you are excited about this guy but you have to realise that Extraliga doesn't have so many juniors players, lot of Czech junior can't even make the team when they're 18 or 19 years old, do you really think that a 15 year old SLOVAK will get a chance? Like sorry, but I don't see that happening, maybe in Chance liga, but Extraliga is little too much. But I hope that I'm wrong, I would like to see some young guys playing there.
I mean, Slafkovsky is a top prospect in his respective draft class, and is the youngest player to play in the u19's so far. Maybe he won't play in the Extraliga this year or even next year, but I don't see it as impossible

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
I mean, Slafkovsky is a top prospect in his respective draft class, and is the youngest player to play in the u19's so far. Maybe he won't play in the Extraliga this year or even next year, but I don't see it as impossible
I didn't say that it is impossible, actually I would like to see him play there, but since I know how big problems Czechs juniors have to make the Extraliga roster, I really don't believe that a SLOVAK will get chance in Extraliga as a 15 year old, especially in Hradec. Maybe when he will be 16 years old then I can see that happen, but not earlier.

And in my opinion, he still needs some time to develop, he still didn't even even established himself in the U19 team. Give him time, making Extraliga as a 15 year old would be impressive but as I said I don't see that happening.

Reactions: DannyShock

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
I didn't say that it is impossible, actually I would like to see him play there, but since I know how big problems Czechs juniors have to make the Extraliga roster, I really don't believe that a SLOVAK will get chance in Extraliga as a 15 year old, especially in Hradec. Maybe when he will be 16 years old then I can see that happen, but not earlier.

And in my opinion, he still needs some time to develop, he still didn't even even established himself in the U19 team. Give him time, making Extraliga as a 15 year old would be impressive but as I said I don't see that happening.
Yeah, obviously not. Hradec is very good this year, and maybe if he can establish himself in the U19's this year he can get a chance to play in the mens league next year, but still very unlikely IMO. He could definitely play at that level in the future though, especially if players like Teply and Pytlik are playing in the Extraliga

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018

Yeah, some people are delusional here. Slafkovskys teammate Marha is probably best player in U16 league and is 1 year younger and played only 4 games in U19 team. And btw ... not only Czechs juniors but also Slovak juniors in Slovakia have huge problems to make the Extraliga. This is big problem in CZ/SVK hockey. Just look at Martin Chromiak this season. Because of this problem they have to play in Finland/Sweden, mostly CHL. Anyway, Slafkovsky is talented but he has a lot of time. Hes eligible for 2022!!! draft ffs.

Last edited:

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Yeah, obviously not. Hradec is very good this year, and maybe if he can establish himself in the U19's this year he can get a chance to play in the mens league next year, but still very unlikely IMO. He could definitely play at that level in the future though, especially if players like Teply and Pytlik are playing in the Extraliga
Teply is actually mostly playing in Chance liga where he is playing over 20 minutes, in Extraliga he had like 10 minutes per game, sometimes not even that and Pytlik just moved to CHL.

Both are very talented, Top prospects for Czechs and none of them established themselves in Extraliga and they are both 17 years old, just another prove that making Extraliga as 15 or 16 years old is almost impossible. Jan Mysak is the last one who did that and was able to established himself there but that's exception.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Yeah, some people are delusional here. Slafkovskys teammate Marha is probably best player in U16 league and is 1 year younger and played only 4 games in U19 team. And btw ... not only Czechs juniors but also Slovak juniors in Slovakia have huge problems to make the Extraliga. This is big problem in CZ/SVK hockey. Just look at Martin Chromiak this season. Because of this problem they have to play in Finland/Sweden, mostly CHL. Anyway, Slafkovsky is talented but he has a lot of time. Hes eligible for 2022!!! draft ffs.
They play in Sweden/Finland and CHL because those leagues are years ahead of czech junior league. And about a century ahead of Slovak junior leagues.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Why? Age 14-18 are the most important development years and a player must be in the right position to succeed. Look at cajkovic, he’s gonna be lucky to be a second round pick this draft. At beginning he was projected to go in the top 15. Players need the pressure, no nonchalant attitude which leads to nevergonnaplayprohockey Adam Ruzicka

Cajkovic put himself in that position going to a rebuilding team. Imports tend to have a lot more say in where they go then people think. Though teams also have to have the roster spot for them. Cajkovic should have just gone to Finland or Sweden if he couldn't get onto a contender in the CHL.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Marha is 11 months older than Slafkovsky

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I am curious how competitive he will be on the next international games against Czech republicU16 (22.1. and 23.1. in Hodonin) and if he will be able to establish himself at this level against 1 year older players.

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
I am curious how competitive he will be on the next international games against Czech republicU16 (22.1. and 23.1. in Hodonin) and if he will be able to establish himself at this level against 1 year older players.
He has been playing for a one year older boys last year in slovak national team. I saw him in Jihlava U15 tournament in april 2018 against 2 czech teams and a one regional swedish team, was in a very good performance.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Slafkovsky 0+1 in today’s game. Wonder what kind of ice time he is getting? I’m assuming he’s not playing top 6 forward minutes as he’s obviously a lot younger
Hes playing 1st line with Marha. Also they use him on both PK and PP. So ice time is not problem.

Reactions: DannyShock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad