F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
With all respect to Reway, it is a little bit overhyped to take him as some "standard" to compare. Sure, he was good in juniors, but also very problematic. And now? He is almost forgotten.
That's mainly because he almost died due to illness. If he wasn't he'd easily be on a starting NHL roster right now. At the time he left to return to Europe, he was ahead of Andrighetto in the Habs depth chart

Reactions: Elvs

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Yes but he would be getting solid playing time with Kosice U18 and most likely getting call ups to play for the u20 team maybe even on a permanent basis. Because of his known in their system, we’d see better results.

It is not only about playing in U20 team. It is also about coaches, training facilities and many little things about it.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Not a single 2004 born has played in the U19s so far, though none of them seems to be as physically developed as Slafkovsky. He is listed at 6'1" and 198(!) lbs as a 14 year old.
Still, I don't know how realistic getting called up is. Slafkovsky teammate Marha is the top scorer in the U16s and not even he got called up.

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
Nice. "Nobody wants to work hard in Slovakia". Hm, what to say about this?
I think the journalist /Martin Voltr/ who wrote the article,made a little bit of it.:)
But my friends in Slovakia said,it´s not far away from the truth.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
yeah, he needs to be called up. Way too good for the u16's
He’s basically able to just use his power and size (6 foot 1, 200 lbs) right now to bully the 15,16 year olds playing. I hope he gets called up, at least for one game to see if there’s a chance of him succeeding there this season. He should go to Sweden or Finland next season for better progression

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
He’s basically able to just use his power and size (6 foot 1, 200 lbs) right now to bully the 15,16 year olds playing. I hope he gets called up, at least for one game to see if there’s a chance of him succeeding there this season. He should go to Sweden or Finland next season for better progression
The kid already has an NHL body, which is crazy. Idk, if he is able to do well in the u19's, I feel like he should stay as he could make the senior team IMO. If not then I would like to see him go to Canada and try to challenge Savoie and Wright for the #1 pick

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
The kid already has an NHL body, which is crazy. Idk, if he is able to do well in the u19's, I feel like he should stay as he could make the senior team IMO. If not then I would like to see him go to Canada and try to challenge Savoie and Wright for the #1 pick

I highly doubt it not him, when has a Slovakia developed prospect or Slovak developed elsewhere ever been picked #1?

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I highly doubt it not him, when has a Slovakia developed prospect or Slovak developed elsewhere ever been picked #1?
Gaborik???? And many in slovak hockey and followers believe slafkovsky is the best prospect since gaborik. Patrick Koys was having a lot of upside but ran into devastating injuries and could’ve been a high pick.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Gaborik???? And many in slovak hockey and followers believe slafkovsky is the best prospect since gaborik. Patrick Koys was having a lot of upside but ran into devastating injuries and could’ve been a high pick.

Koys was (still is) not physically build to high level like NHL. The hype came right like it is with Slafkovsky, when he was 14 years old and had such crazy numbers. But not in U 18 league, in the lower class. Then some canadian blogger made an article, where his numbers in this slow level Slovak league were compared to Crosby numbers in his age and voila, we had a star.

Slafkovsky is big body now, so he could use it to his advantage. The question is, how will it look like in 2-3 years, when he will be in the same fishpond like others big fishes.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Koys was (still is) not physically build to high level like NHL. The hype came right like it is with Slafkovsky, when he was 14 years old and had such crazy numbers. But not in U 18 league, in the lower class. Then some canadian blogger made an article, where his numbers in this slow level Slovak league were compared to Crosby numbers in his age and voila, we had a star.

Slafkovsky is big body now, so he could use it to his advantage. The question is, how will it look like in 2-3 years, when he will be in the same fishpond like others big fishes.
That’s why I say he should be in Czech u19 league where skill level is much higher than u16. Right now he doesn’t even really need to exhaust himself, he can just simply push the smaller kids around. He’s not only tall but built as well.

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Did he leave U18 Red Bull because he wasn’t satisfied with his numbers ? Leaving to play U16 doesn’t seem like a step forward to me.

Last edited:

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Did he leave U18 Red Bull because he wasn’t satisfied with his numbers ? Leaving to play U16 doesn’t seem loike a step forward to me.
The league is not very good, obviously it’s better than the Czech u16 but is miles behind the Czech u19 league which is probably the goal to be called up to this season. Than he could next year go to Scandinavia to play.

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
The league is not very good, obviously it’s better than the Czech u16 but is miles behind the Czech u19 league which is probably the goal to be called up to this season. Than he could next year go to Scandinavia to play.
I think, it´s not where to hurry now, he has to a lot of play games, is only 14,5 yo...:nod: After season maybe to swe or fin, agree.

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
A lot of kids get over an average of 2.5 pts per game here in Canada it's a common thing . Learning to play the game right is not only about points. Let him play where he feels confident. He might be bigger and stronger now but in two years if he hasn't learned how to play the game right we won't hear about him. don't forget it's a game he needs to enjoy it and have fun playing it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad