F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He is playing Jr. B in Finland this year I know but is the level here really better for him than playing in the Czech U19 league?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I’m pretty sure Czech junior system has switched back to u20 layout and anyways its best he stays in one place and is comfortable to develop in one system.

To answer the question though, is Jr. B really better for him than Czech u20?

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
The Czech u20 league is going to be very tough this year, a lot of players who were too good for u19 league are coming back down including a number of Slovaks who were playing in men’s first and second division. I honestly don’t know how much playing time he’d Get. Looks like he’s getting a decent amount of minutes in u18 league in Finland and is having success. The path is better there imo

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I suppose he's hoping to get a call up to Jr. A at some point.

But to answer your question - junior hockey in Europe is more about practice compared to NA game based development system.

From that point of view being a part of a Finnish club system is superior to being part of Czech system which we all know is hardly at its best right now.

He is an u16 player, there is nothing wrong with him playing in an u18 league with a possible call up to u20 team this season.

I am a bit worried about 2002 born Roman Faith playing in an u18 league when he had a potential chance to play with men this season, but hopefully he will get a chance at Jr A if he keeps up his production in Jr B.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He could always play in Finnish Jr. A if he's good enough. I'm not sure how the Czech u-20 league compares but Finnish one probably has a better reputation for NHL success lately.

Reactions: DannyShock

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He could always play in Finnish Jr. A if he's good enough. I'm not sure how the Czech u-20 league compares but Finnish one probably has a better reputation for NHL success lately.

Finnish Jr.A is obviously better than Czech u20 but Czech u20 and even the previous u19 league should be better than Jr.B. I'm saying it may be a case of him not being quite ready for Finnish jr. A at least for decent minutes that he could get in the Czech u20 league. He is not dominating Jr.B though so I suppose that level is appropriate for him for now.

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
Finnish Jr.A is obviously better than Czech u20 but Czech u20 and even the previous u19 league should be better than Jr.B. I'm saying it may be a case of him not being quite ready for Finnish jr. A at least for decent minutes that he could get in the Czech u20 league. He is not dominating Jr.B though so I suppose that level is appropriate for him for now.

I don't think there is a big difference between CZE U20 and Jr B. Finnish leagues are at a higher speed, no doubt about that. It is much better for him to play in the Finnish system, because there are much higher and better training opportunities. This is the most important thing for him now. I'm cheering the boy, saw him play last year in CZE U16 and U19. Will see...

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Scouting report on Slafkovsky:

“Slafkovsky was the best player on the TPS U18 team in a 5-2 win over Jokerit. The 2004 born Slovakian oozed skill and was around the puck a lot, generating offense in majority of his shifts. Capable of creating offense with slick hands in traffic, he had a soft touch on the puck, as well as great vision and offensive instincts. He played a mature game with the puck and he was aware of his passing options. Even though Slafkovsky had a superb game offensively, his play without the puck was also very impressive. He had a good stick, applied back pressure and made his presence felt. He had a knack for taking away time and space and creating turnovers. Moreover, he had surprisingly quick feet, pretty good mobility and backwards skating ability. He finished the game with two goals – one of them being an empty netter – and two assists. Slafkovsky has a lot of potential and an intriguing package of skill, smarts and situational toughness.”

- Juraj Slafkovsky

Reactions: mirec04
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad