F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
About time we had some personality on this team.. whenever he does make the big club. Love the professionalism of the Zetterbergs and Lindstroms.. but having someone who has the confidence and attitude of Ovechkin is fun for the fans. We have had too many Cleary clones around here for too long.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Please don't, Zadina needs to stay a Red Wing.

The hell we will.

You guys are nuts. I’m as high on Zadina as almost anyone. But you wouldn’t trade him for the 28 year old top 3 (top 1 for me) defenseman in the league? We’ve seen Karlsson adjust before with worse skating. I’ve got no doubt in my mind he stays elite until at least 35 or so.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You guys are nuts. I’m as high on Zadina as almost anyone. But you wouldn’t trade him for the 28 year old top 3 (top 1 for me) defenseman in the league? We’ve seen Karlsson adjust before with worse skating. I’ve got no doubt in my mind he stays elite until at least 35 or so.

Ottawa is a garbage team with Karlsson. Detroit may be marginally better, but he ain't getting them over the hump. Not trading an 18 year old potentially elite scoring winger for a 28 year old franchise defender in this team's current state.

Especially not without an extension in hand.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
No knock on him but i’ve read he wasn’t having a good game before this game! Not clue how he played tonight tho!

His first game he was matched up against Kane and Toews so he, predictably, wasn't much of an impact player. He was much better tonight, by all accounts, though Boston's lineup wasn't that great. He's still adjusting to the NHL speed.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
How has he looked at camp?
Like a talented kid without pro experience. Judging by the latest game it won't take him long to figure things out, and he could probably produce decently on the PP right off the bat. But he needs to get a little stronger, a little more explosive and a little more used to not having time and space before he'll be an impact player at 5-on-5.

is he sticking with team ?
I really think it will come down to the wire. He was better in this game than in his first, and Blashill has talked about giving him 5 games. If he is displaying a positive trend and looks like he's adapting fast, he'll probably stick. Evgeni Svechnikov has had a really good start to preseason though and they could choose to go with him and let Zadina earn some pro experience in AHL.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
This guy will score many goals. I love players who can one time it from the right circle. Reminds me of Kovalev/Cammalleri with the habs... just the one time timer part...

McRib

#SoldierFields
May 2, 2014
Any word on if he is getting sent back? as a Mooseheads fan I hope he does. Could use him for the Memorial Cup Run ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino