F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Any word on if he is getting sent back? as a Mooseheads fan I hope he does. Could use him for the Memorial Cup Run ;)
Mooseheads already filled their second Euro spot with Ostap Safin. I would have rather had Otto Somppi back. I'm a Red Wing fan though so I know the club drafted a pretty good prospect. Having them draft Zadina and McIsaac was fine by me

Reactions: Trubisky

Nauzhror

Apr 4, 2014
Pretty sure he's going to Grand Rapids. I hope he doesn't spend the entire season there, but I think he's at least going there for the start of the season.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Pretty sure he's going to Grand Rapids. I hope he doesn't spend the entire season there, but I think he's at least going there for the start of the season.

So he was loaned from Europe to the CHL last year? I think that's the only loophole that would allow a CHL-drafted player to go to the AHL in d+1.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
My hunch is, he comes up after the deadline when Nyquist gets traded. The real question is if Holland is really willing to leave him up for 9+ and burn a year on his ELC.

I think what ends up happening is he gets a wakeup call to the fact that he needs to improve his strength and conditioning to dominate adults the way he did kids... My hope is that he takes that into the 2019 Summer and explodes next year.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
xvsPxPD.gif

Q1KTmbJ.gif

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
What a sniper. Detroit you got a great player. Reminded me a bit of Marcus Naslund when i was watching WJC. He seems to really use every ounce of abliltiy he has on account of how smart he is.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Zadina's starting to look really good in the AHL. Looking more comfortable out there and with 2 goals today so far putting him up to 6 goals and 4 assists in 15 games. Not bad for an 18 year old.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Yeah considering the fact he’s only 18 playing against people that are much older he’s doing very well. Almost like how some kids in European Leagues play in men’s leagues to get better. And he has probably still been adjusting to this style of hockey. He’s not doing bad at all and he’ll definitely get better. Wish he couldve spent one more year with Halifax though and get experience at the Memorial Cup then go into the AHL at 19 but either way he’s doing great. I think he’ll get promoted to the NHL sometime in the 2019-20 season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christien

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Those are NHL goals.

Look at the second goal, where he puts the puck, how he makes the defender move his legs and then how he changes the angle of his blade at that moment. What's great is he does it with a quick, powerful release.

And... if you look at the two previous goals posted, he's always ready to score. He's prepared to take advantage of any opportunity. That's how goal scorers create their "luck".

Happy that this guy is doing well, he's just a natural goal scorer.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Yeah considering the fact he’s only 18 playing against people that are much older he’s doing very well. Almost like how some kids in European Leagues play in men’s leagues to get better. And he has probably still been adjusting to this style of hockey. He’s not doing bad at all and he’ll definitely get better. Wish he couldve spent one more year with Halifax though and get experience at the Memorial Cup then go into the AHL at 19 but either way he’s doing great. I think he’ll get promoted to the NHL sometime in the 2019-20 season.

He's 19 in 2 weeks. So there ya go.

Reactions: bigfatfist

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Second goal kinda looked like lazy defense but still a ridiculous shot nonetheless.

End of the day, he's in GR to round out his game and make him more than a one trick pony. That trick is on full display in the first goal though. Like he rented out space in the office across from Ovechkin. :laugh:

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Happy to see him having success. I never understood my fellow Habs fans coming in here to taunt Wings fans about Kotkaniemi. Yes, I'm thrilled we picked KK & he was above Zadina on my list but it doesn't take away the fact that Zadina is a solid pure scorer.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
As a Coyotes fan, this thread would be absolutely ripping my heart out, if Hayton hadn’t really stepped it up this year. I’d still swap them in a heartbeat, but I’m no longer weeping uncontrollably. That Red Wings rebuild seems to be really fast-tracking. That’s good for the league. Really rooting for Zadina.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
As a Coyotes fan, this thread would be absolutely ripping my heart out, if Hayton hadn’t really stepped it up this year. I’d still swap them in a heartbeat, but I’m no longer weeping uncontrollably. That Red Wings rebuild seems to be really fast-tracking. That’s good for the league. Really rooting for Zadina.
Tbh Hayton looks amazing. I've been more impressed by him.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I would keep him down there for the rest of the season and possibly even start him there next year unless he absolutely destroys the league going forward.

I know we're rebuilding but this kid is still very young and has a lot of potential, take your time with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad