F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatfist

Apr 17, 2012
I'm really interested to see the kind of player Zadina becomes, and can't wait to see him in the NHL. Such a unique profile, feels like he'll be a dangerous player for Detroit for long time.

Crazy how the top end of the 2018 draft is shaping up. The Top 10 looks littered with guys who are going to be big parts of their team.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I would keep him down there for the rest of the season and possibly even start him there next year unless he absolutely destroys the league going forward.

I know we're rebuilding but this kid is still very young and has a lot of potential, take your time with him.
I think you should bring him up for a few games at some point just to see how he plays relative to his preseason games.

I will be disappointed if he isn't able to break through to the NHL to start next season.

Reactions: Christien

Christien

May 1, 2010
I think you should bring him up for a few games at some point just to see how he plays relative to his preseason games.

I will be disappointed if he isn't able to break through to the NHL to start next season.
That's what I'm thinking as well. I could see him staying down and going to play the WJC tournament and then getting called up eventually.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
I would keep him down there for the rest of the season and possibly even start him there next year unless he absolutely destroys the league going forward.

I know we're rebuilding but this kid is still very young and has a lot of potential, take your time with him.
Yeah it takes time. That’s why I would’ve kept him with Halifax for a memorial cup run and then send him to the AHL at 20 and see how well he adjusts and half way through his AHL seasons if he’s done well enough he can go up to the NHL. But he may be able to do well to do that as well next season. He’s really just adjusting to this type of hockey this season. He ain’t no bust or no steal and he certainly has great potential in the future. Be patient with him peeps.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I'm happy for this kid he is much improving, I would of been happy to snatch him with another draft pick with Kotka! Although being happy for him I want to see in the future that he'll put lots of pucks into our nets haha!

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

He'll probably get a look at the end of the year. Not enough to burn a year on his ELC, but a look nonetheless.

I think his offseason really needs to consist of a lot of gym time, much like what Cholowski has been doing. His strength and conditioning wasn't the best at the combine (Probably part of the reason we got him) and seemed to hold him back in the preseason.

I think if he can get better in the S&C area, you see him explode next season.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He'll probably get a look at the end of the year. Not enough to burn a year on his ELC, but a look nonetheless.

I think his offseason really needs to consist of a lot of gym time, much like what Cholowski has been doing. His strength and conditioning wasn't the best at the combine (Probably part of the reason we got him) and seemed to hold him back in the preseason.

I think if he can get better in the S&C area, you see him explode next season.

Hes already burnt a year off his ELC so thats irrelevant

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Hes already burnt a year off his ELC so thats irrelevant

Yes, they 100% do count.

"If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide."

Entry-Level Slide Candidates - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yes, they 100% do count.

"If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide."

Entry-Level Slide Candidates - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
IMO its a silly rule but the other posters are right, it doesnt count

Think the reason you see it so rarely is because most guys aren't AHL eligible at that age.

Kinda weird though that he burns a year on his expansion exemption, but not his ELC.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Think the reason you see it so rarely is because most guys aren't AHL eligible at that age.

Kinda weird though that he burns a year on his expansion exemption, but not his ELC.

Agreed.. Its bizzare.. Plus just the fact he is getting paid for the year too.. I dont get it, but it is what it is

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
HnirR96.gif

Shot is tipped in the net last second but still looks pretty.

5+5 in his last 12 games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->