F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Was hoping to catch him at the WJC to get a direct comparison of Zadina Vs Quin Hughes.

I still think Det should have taken Quin.

He sat out a game this weekend but he hasnt been ruled out for the WJC yet. Hes supposed to join the Czechs on Thursday and he hasnt been ruled out of the tournament

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
He sat out a game this weekend but he hasnt been ruled out for the WJC yet. Hes supposed to join the Czechs on Thursday and he hasnt been ruled out of the tournament

I wouldnt send him if i was Detroit. Hammys and Groins are worrisome injuries especially for hockey players.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
After watching all of his games last year I thought the AHL players would beat him up pretty bad and Detroit made a mistake. I was certainly wrong. I had a chance to talk with him at season end last year. Basically ask if he felt worn down after all the games and told him I was looking forward to seeing him back in Halifax next season. He said he was off to a Euro tourney for his country and gave me that greasey smile like he just stepped off a Harley like he knew he wouldn't be back. Think Detroit has a kid with a ton of character there.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
After watching all of his games last year I thought the AHL players would beat him up pretty bad and Detroit made a mistake. I was certainly wrong. I had a chance to talk with him at season end last year. Basically ask if he felt worn down after all the games and told him I was looking forward to seeing him back in Halifax next season. He said he was off to a Euro tourney for his country and gave me that greasey smile like he just stepped off a Harley like he knew he wouldn't be back. Think Detroit has a kid with a ton of character there.
His transition to pro was far from seamless at the start, he struggled a bit, but hes gotten better and better every week. Smart players usually figure it out quicker then others.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

His prospect tournament and preseason were ugly, for me anyways. You could tell he had a lot of raw talent, but he would get absolutely destroyed in open ice because he put his head down a lot. That was the big thing that kept me from wanting him in the NHL immediately. No point in drafting a superstar if his brain is mush by the age of 25. I haven't watched much AHL stuff, so hopefully he's fixed that.

Overall, I think he needs to take a Cholowski approach and move to Detroit for the summer and become a gym rat. I think if he could significantly beef up his strength and conditioning, he'd explode into the NHL next season.

Also I think a lot of his AHL stint is about developing him to be more than just a guy who can snipe from the circle. He's elite in that regard, sometimes almost looking like an Ovechkin or Laine, but he's gotta be more than just a good shot.

Jul 6, 2016
His prospect tournament and preseason were ugly, for me anyways. You could tell he had a lot of raw talent, but he would get absolutely destroyed in open ice because he put his head down a lot. That was the big thing that kept me from wanting him in the NHL immediately. No point in drafting a superstar if his brain is mush by the age of 25. I haven't watched much AHL stuff, so hopefully he's fixed that.

Overall, I think he needs to take a Cholowski approach and move to Detroit for the summer and become a gym rat. I think if he could significantly beef up his strength and conditioning, he'd explode into the NHL next season.

Also I think a lot of his AHL stint is about developing him to be more than just a guy who can snipe from the circle. He's elite in that regard, sometimes almost looking like an Ovechkin or Laine, but he's gotta be more than just a good shot.

.... Like Galchenyuk is (was...)

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com

Czechs don't seem to teach their players to keep their heads up. There's a Detroit Red Wing who has been teaching them that lesson forever.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Memorial Cup

So he can potentially win a junior award? What does that have anything to do with his development?

What would you prefer? To make a ton of money playing in a better league, with better players, developing your game more against pros and potentially be called up to the NHL.

Or

Make like $200 a week, playing on a Junior team where 99% of the league is worse than you, with 0 chance of being called up to the NHL just so you can potentially win a championship?

Seems like a VERY easy choice.

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
So he can potentially win a junior award? What does that have anything to do with his development?

What would you prefer? To make a ton of money playing in a better league, with better players, developing your game more against pros and potentially be called up to the NHL.

Or

Make like $200 a week, playing on a Junior team where 99% of the league is worse than you, with 0 chance of being called up to the NHL just so you can potentially win a championship?

Seems like a VERY easy choice.

Halifax wining a Memorial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->