F Brayden Yager - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2023, 14th, PIT)

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
They are 15, they can't play in the WHL.

He didn't say that they could? He means that the players at the top of the scoring list: Heidt (2nd overall), Yager (3rd overall), Lind (6th overall) and Oremba (7th overall) are all high picks from the most recent WHL bantam draft. Moreover, in a regular year, all four of these players would get some WHL games. It is not uncommon at all for 15 year olds to get games in the WHL, particularly once their midget seasons have ended and in emergency situations.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
They are 15, they can't play in the WHL.

I know that , I was simply saying that the players above Yager in points are highly regarded prospects as well and high draft picks in the latest WHL Bantam draft , not some random lesser prospects

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Best prospect from Saskatchewan I've ever seen(including Catton for next year). Him and Heidt have similar skill sets but what sets Yager apart from everyone is his insane hockey IQ. He can think the game better than most of the best WHLers already. Bedard is more flashy but there's a couple WHL teams who currently prefer Yager and wouldn't be surprised if he goes 1st. I highly doubt he'll get exceptional but should be a impact player in his 16 year old year. Doesn't throw as many hits as Heidt but still plays a physical style and likes to give some subtle shots when the refs aren't looking. Hoping he stays in the Eastern Conference and doesn't go to Prince George or Seattle.

Bedard and Yager both out of gate with 3 even strength points in 3 WHL games as 15 yrolds...and then of course Bedard with the 3 extra PP pts .I'm assuming with all the hype, that he is a fixture on the first unit PP . Yager getting any PP time? And how many games can he play as 15 yrold?

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Bedard and Yager both out of gate with 3 even strength points in 3 WHL games as 15 yrolds...and then of course Bedard with the 3 extra PP pts .I'm assuming with all the hype, that he is a fixture on the first unit PP . Yager getting any PP time? And how many games can he play as 15 yrold?

The WHL decided that any player drafted last year can play as many games as the team wants them to this season.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Bedard is on the top pp unit but they somewhat rotate which one they put out first. Yager is on the 2nd unit for MJ but they don't get much time compared to the top unit. Yager didn't play a whole lot his 1st game, 2nd game played a lot and generated a lot of chances plus was picked 3rd by the coach in the SO, 3rd game up to top line with Alarie and Korczak but still 2nd pp unit....we'll see how long until he's on the top unit.

Reactions: Dominance

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
That's what a team picking 3rd overall will dream about.

If Yager ends up a 6'2 , potential NHL elite two way center at draft time then he could enter the discussion . Some 05 from Ontario who's not as much on the radar can also enter the top 5. It is still far away, Stuzle for example was not that known a couple years before his draft year

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I was worried that fans had forgot about him, because of Bedard. :)
- nice that this thread woke up again

Bedard gotten all the action but, Yager been great so far!.

6 goals, 13 points, 42 shots on goal, in 17 games.
5th in WHL rookie scoring, just couple of points behind the second (Matthew Ward - 2004)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad