F Brayden Yager - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2023, 14th, PIT)

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
If Yager ends up a 6'2 , potential NHL elite two way center at draft time then he could enter the discussion . Some 05 from Ontario who's not as much on the radar can also enter the top 5. It is still far away, Stuzle for example was not that known a couple years before his draft year

Adam Fantilli wont go past #3, he might go before Michkov. Yager is my #4 and you're right with the OHL kids, Calum Ritchie is the real deal and should be a top 5 pick.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Adam Fantilli wont go past #3, he might go before Michkov. Yager is my #4 and you're right with the OHL kids, Calum Ritchie is the real deal and should be a top 5 pick.

What a matter of fact statement, his stats have been good but certainly not eye popping in the USHL, he certainly could go very high but this far out there are almost no certainties for the top 3. I would say Bedard and thats about it IMO, too much can change.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
What a matter of fact statement, his stats have been good but certainly not eye popping in the USHL, he certainly could go very high but this far out there are almost no certainties for the top 3. I would say Bedard and thats about it IMO, too much can change.

Fantilli may or may not go top 3 but one thing that cannot be overlooked is the fact that he played this season and in a good league too , whereas several other 04s and 05s did not. That can end up being big for his development compared to the others

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fantilli has gotten better as the season has went along. His stats at the beginning of the season were low because he was playing a very small role. As the season has went by, his role has increased. At the same time, I don’t see top five skill in his game. He’s very physically and athletically developed already.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Is it too early to speculate on Yager>Heidt? Could it be Yager>>Heidt?

Not too early. It was Yager > Heidt last season, and Yager >> Heidt as pro prospects.

And I like Heidt a lot.

This. Only reason why Heidt was picked ahead of Yager is that Yager didn’t want to go to Prince George. That said, Heidt deserved to go top 3, he’s that good. 2023 draft will be a ton of fun, especially from a WHL perspective.

Last edited:

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
whoever implemented developmental changes in Sask minor hockey a decade ago, give him or her the Order of Canada and a raise in pay.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Has scored at least 1 point in 7/10 last games.
Has almost 20 points scored this season.
+ he has taken may more face-ofss in recent games, about 50 in his last 4 games

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
impressive start to the season. a player to watch.

Can we get a Team Canada U18 line in April of Bedard Wright Yager? Not going to happen, but it's something that captures one's hockey imagination. If Wright is free to play on a Team Canada roster in the spring, I'd rather it be with the NHLers going to Europe for the WHC.

Reactions: Dominance

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
impressive start to the season. a player to watch.

Can we get a Team Canada U18 line in April of Bedard Wright Yager? Not going to happen, but it's something that captures one's hockey imagination. If Wright is free to play on a Team Canada roster in the spring, I'd rather it be with the NHLers going to Europe for the WHC.

Let's not forget there are some other excellent "forgotten" OHL stars that are going to rise this year like Calum for starters.

As for Yager he looks excellent as a prospect.

Reactions: grentthealien

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
not sure how you would even look at stats with him, his ice time was low, he was a 15 year old playing USHL, he was one of the teams best in the playoffs...he ended the year by working his way up the lines to playing a pivotal role with the team...all as a 15 year old. He will be top 5...Bedard and Mitchkov have 1 and 2 already locked up even this far out.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
not sure how you would even look at stats with him, his ice time was low, he was a 15 year old playing USHL, he was one of the teams best in the playoffs...he ended the year by working his way up the lines to playing a pivotal role with the team...all as a 15 year old. He will be top 5...Bedard and Mitchkov have 1 and 2 already locked up even this far out.

1A. Bedard, 1B. Mitchkov (this one I think will come down to who is drafting because both are future franchise players)

3A. Yager, 3B. Fantilli

5A. Dvorsky, 5B. Ritchie

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad