F Alexis Lafreniere - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2020 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
False. McDavid had 99 points in 56 games in his draft -1. Lafreniere has 92 in 50 in his draft -1.
True. McDavid was an exceptional status player playing in the OHL as a 15 year old. His 2nd season in the league was at the same age (16) as Lafreniere's 1st.

Lafreniere is a late birthday, he's going to be a 2001 born player (like Cozens, Dach, Newhook, etc.) drafted next year with the 2002's because his birthday fell after Sept 16th.

McDavid
15- OHL
16-OHL
17-OHL
18-NHL

Lafreniere
15-Midget
16-QMJHL
17-QMJHL
18-QMJHL

ijuka

May 14, 2016
the Q has been a lower scoring league than the O for 3 years in a row now
And Liiga has been a lower scoring league than NHL for even longer than that. Your point?

Just compare the type of players scoring high in OHL vs QMJHL and what comes out of them.

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
And Liiga has been a lower scoring league than NHL for even longer than that. Your point?

Just compare the type of players scoring high in OHL vs QMJHL and what comes out of them.

Overagers?

OHL top 5 in scoring: 4 overagers (3 undrafted), 1 late 1st round pick in his D+2 year

QMJHL top 5 in scoring: 3 overagers (undrafted) 1 late first round pick in his D+1 year, Lafreniere

Reactions: Idionym

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I've watched him a lot. He doesn't stand out as much as a McDavid MacKinnon or Hall. When those guys had the puck there was a wow factor. It's just not there with Lafrenierre. YET. But at the end of the game he has four or five points. Kid is gonna be great but when he's in town you have to look for him on the ice. Rimouski has a good team overall. They could upset some bigger teams if Lafrenierre and Ellis are at their best.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I've watched him a lot. He doesn't stand out as much as a McDavid MacKinnon or Hall. When those guys had the puck there was a wow factor. It's just not there with Lafrenierre. YET. But at the end of the game he has four or five points. Kid is gonna be great but when he's in town you have to look for him on the ice. Rimouski has a good team overall. They could upset some bigger teams if Lafrenierre and Ellis are at their best.

Thats an apt description for Taveras when he was in junior. No highlight reel wow factor, just consistently getting to all the right places and knowing what to do.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Thats an apt description for Taveras when he was in junior. No highlight reel wow factor, just consistently getting to all the right places and knowing what to do.
I get where you’re coming from, but I seem to have a lot of memories of Tavares turning guys inside out and upside down. JT definitely had some flair.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I get where you’re coming from, but I seem to have a lot of memories of Tavares turning guys inside out and upside down. JT definitely had some flair.
What I meant more was the speed flair that the oft quoted MacKinnon and McDavid had. It always came across as "quiet" points.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
If he says something about no one remembering who is drafted after him, I'm thinking the Sens trade down or just pass on him
Anyone can find a link for that? I can't seem to find any video where Daigle said that. Was that recorded?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

"doesn't stand out as much as...", euphemism for; didn't skate fast enough for you around the ice :sarcasm:

- "jokes" aside, he isn't flashy & super speedy type of highlight reel machine, doesn't need to be with his high hockey IQ and skill level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad