F Alexis Lafreniere - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2020 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
Couldn't watch Canada vs Slovakia yesterday. How has he looked? Is he looking out of place or he's dominating?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Extremely intelligent player. Certainly one of his strongest assets.

Im most intrigued to figure out if hes going to be a better C or W at the NHL level.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Im most intrigued to figure out if hes going to be a better C or W at the NHL level.

Can't recall him playing Center?

Reactions: L13

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012

He’s definitely a winger, I’ve never even really seen him play C. He’s definitely not played any substantial amount of it since he’s entered the Q, if at all.

Reactions: L13

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York

well damn, at least we know Canada isnt playing favorites with their next star prospect
I didnt catch the game, was t really as extreme as the coach makes out?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
He's like Xavier LaFlamme from the Goon movie, tons of skill and speed, playing for himself and freelancing. He's like the only player on the squad that has no idea what he's doing in Hunter's system. Quite a skater though.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I noticed this from the couple times I watched him live... As smart as he may be with the puck, he can be extremely lazy when he doesn’t have it. Not coming back to help in his own zone, waiting for long stretch passes wayyy too low, routinely staying out there on his shifts for an absurd amount of time... I get that this is junior hockey and things are a bit different from the NHL, but I never really understood why people would say he has an NHL ready game. He has a lot of kinks that need to be ironed out.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I noticed this from the couple times I watched him live... As smart as he may be with the puck, he can be extremely lazy when he doesn’t have it. Not coming back to help in his own zone, waiting for long stretch passes wayyy too low, routinely staying out there on his shifts for an absurd amount of time... I get that this is junior hockey and things are a bit different from the NHL, but I never really understood why people would say he has an NHL ready game. He has a lot of kinks that need to be ironed out.

I've watch many of his games. I've seen him floating a little bit but not that much. Thing is, floating is not always a bad play, if it makes the defenseman backup to his own blueline, it gives more space for the defensive team to get the puck out of the zone. Problem is, his junior coach might be allright with this kind of play, but not Tim Hunter. Doesn't make him any lazy, he is a bulldozer in the corners. I have no doubt he will get more ice time as the tournament goes.

Reactions: jj cale

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Was at the game, he looked good! Obviously a nice goal, but was involved and physical all night long. Didn’t look out of place at all despite being so young. The Czechs were taking a lot of runs at him, but he wasn’t phased.

Reactions: Andy Lehoux
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad