F Alexis Lafreniere - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2020 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
He's on pace to beat his previous season's total points by 24 (assuming he keeps up the pace and scores 103 in 60 games).

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
would be great if he gets another shot with the U18 team going to Sweden in April.

* and I don't want to hear anything about Hockey Canada's incredibly stupid graduation rule. The only thing the World Juniors proved as far as Lafreniere is concerned, he still needs all the reps possible. If RIM bows out of the Q playoffs and he's in good health, get your ass to Sweden and compete.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
would be great if he gets another shot with the U18 team going to Sweden in April.

* and I don't want to hear anything about Hockey Canada's incredibly stupid graduation rule. The only thing the World Juniors proved as far as Lafreniere is concerned, he still needs all the reps possible. If RIM bows out of the Q playoffs and he's in good health, get your ass to Sweden and compete.

I don't see why the need to bring him there. I'd rather have another player get his chance. I don't watch the U18 to cheer on Canada for a gold medal, it's more of an opportunity for me to watch the future talent for the draft. If Lafreniere isn't going it will be the least of my worries.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
To think he missed some games due to the WJC and had a slow start to the year. Isn't scoring at the same pace as last year but definitely setting his teammates better.

Have to mention that he had a very poor play on the Chicoutimi's shorthanded goal but he did make it up with the hatty.

Please get this kid in a Habs jersey!

Reactions: Jesse86436

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
To think he missed some games due to the WJC and had a slow start to the year. Isn't scoring at the same pace as last year but definitely setting his teammates better.

Have to mention that he had a very poor play on the Chicoutimi's shorthanded goal but he did make it up with the hatty.

Please get this kid in a Habs jersey!
I mean, let’s not misconstrue it (not that you are trying to, just clarifying). He’s pacing for over 39 goals in 60 games, less than three less than he scored last year, while visibly focussing on playmaking. The kid’s still an outstanding and natural goal scorer who can burn you any way you wish.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
how is he still another season away with those numbers

scared to see what he puts up in his draft year
Hard to tell. I don't think it will jump up as much as people expect. The best comparables to look at would be Hall and Tavares. Tavares numbers actually slightly regressed (2.00 to 1.85) and Hall saw a sizable jump (1.46 to 1.85). It's tough for any player to go significantly past 2 points per game. The only guy who blew past that this decade is McDavid and Drouin in his D+1. Drouin went from 2.14 in his draft season to 2.35 in his post-draft season. Marner is one of the highest scoring draft eligible to return for his draft +1 (but same age range as Lafreniere going from 17-year-old season to 18-year-old season), and he went from 2 points per game to 2.04 points per game. Strome went from 1.90 in his draft season to 1.98.

Reactions: Pierre Dagenais

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
If Rimouski is smart, they need to make some trades next season to be a contender team. Goaltender is set, defence and forwards needs some work. Their window of oppurtunity is now.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
If Rimouski is smart, they need to make some trades next season to be a contender team. Goaltender is set, defence and forwards needs some work. Their window of oppurtunity is now.

They should get Biakabutuka (RD) from Foreurs, Knyazev (LD) from Saguenéens
Légaré (RW) from Drakkar and Groulx (C) from Mooseheads.

Reactions: Jesse86436

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
2 goals and 2 assists for Lafrenière tonight in QMJHL Winter Classic. That puts him at 87 points (32-55) in 47 games for a 1.85 PPG. Now 2nd in scoring behind Peter Abbandonato (88 pts) and 2nd in PPG behind Joe Veleno (1.86 PPG)

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
CHL top 5:

1. 93 pts (1.75 ppg) - Joachim Blichfeld - Portland Winterhawks, WHL (1998-07-17)
2. 91 pts (1.72 ppg) - Tye Felhaber - Ottawa 67's, OHL (1998-08-05)
3. 89 pts (1.71 ppg) - Justin Brazeau - North Bay Battalion, OHL (1998-02-02)
4. 88 pts (1.63 ppg) - Peter Abbandonato - Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, QMJHL (1998-03-25)
5. 87 pts (1.85 ppg) - Alexis Lefranière - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2001-10-11)

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
If he was a Center would he be the best prospect since McDavid? Is he a better prospect than MacKinnon?

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
If he was a Center would he be the best prospect since McDavid? Is he a better prospect than MacKinnon?

No I don’t think he’s the best prospect since McDavid, even if he was a Center that wouldn’t change that for me.

Also as far as MacKinnon goes, it’s in the eye of the beholder IMO. They’re different players that play different styles, they’re not really comparable. I think I prefer Lafreniere as a prospect over MacKinnon but with that being said, I don’t know that Lafreniere can do in the NHL what MacKinnon has the last 2 seasons.

Reactions: LainePeg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad