GDT: Extremely high effort I promise this isn't an Emergency GDT - Avalanche vs Kraken Game 4.

Nukes return date?

• Game 5

Votes: 10 16.1%

Votes: 18 29.0%

Votes: 6 9.7%

Votes: 28 45.2%

• Total voters

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
We win that game if we had Nuke and Landy. Or if we had Kadri instead of Compher. Not having a 2C and no one to take Faceoffs on MacK's line is a gigantic detriment. Hopefully Cmac can learn from his mistakes this year and actually gets some real help at the TDL next year. I think we can still maybe win this series, but it won't be easy. Repeating just looks like a distant deam now.

Reactions: The Merchant

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Do ya think McKinnon is angry about this one????
I suspect we'll see a much better 29 Wednesday.

That being said this team is basically screwed. Nuke was the proverbial nail in the coffin. You aren't going to win often with Nieto on line 2.

Not saying it's a foregone conclusion that we will lose, but things aren't looking good.

Our entire 2nd line from last playoffs is now gone no Landy, no Nuke, no Kadri. Throw in a goal scorer like Bura and this team is hurting badly for secondary scoring. CMac miserably failed at roster construction and we just have nothing to support the big guys.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Avs NEED to win game 5.

The way the momentum is shifting in this series, Seattle up 3-2 at home in game 6 has the makings of a bloodbath.

As tiring as it is, time for the Avs big guns to step up once again. 4 collective goals from MacKinnon, Rantanen, Makar, Lehkonen, Toews, Byram, and Compher in game 5 wins them the game. Big ask, but it has to happen.

Let's pray that Mikko PPG also gets our PP going the way Schwartz's in game 3 did for Seattle.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I suspect we'll see a much better 29 Wednesday.

That being said this team is basically screwed. Nuke was the proverbial nail in the coffin. You aren't going to win often with Nieto on line 2.

Not saying it's a foregone conclusion that we will lose, but things aren't looking good.

Our entire 2nd line from last playoffs is now gone no Landy, no Nuke, no Kadri. Throw in a goal scorer like Bura and this team is hurting badly for secondary scoring. CMac miserably failed at roster construction and we just have nothing to support the big guys.
1000 up votes to you !!!

I dunno, tonight he kinda reminded me of those rare occasions where Forsberg sucked. There’d be those games where he’d let the frustration get to him, complain about getting mugged and tried too hard to draw calls instead of just playing through it.
Maybe...... He was double teamed a LOT.

Reactions: chet1926

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
If matt dumbass from the mild doesn't get a suspension for his hit on Pavelski I don't see why Makar's shoulder to shoulder hit on mccann would.
I’m not saying he should, although I won’t complain if he gets a game. Just what I think will happen.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Sir, I defer (plus I goofed that syntax).

There is a lot of good, accurate, sensible, smart, passionate analysis for the boys (all ya'all's) here. And then you go play the game. I trust the crew here.
I know what you meant or were trying to say. I assume some adult beverages might have had an effect.... lol.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
We win that game if we had Nuke and Landy. Or if we had Kadri instead of Compher. Not having a 2C and no one to take Faceoffs on MacK's line is a gigantic detriment. Hopefully Cmac can learn from his mistakes this year and actually gets some real help at the TDL next year. I think we can still maybe win this series, but it won't be easy. Repeating just looks like a distant deam now.
I think we win that game if we only had Nuke. Could you imagine having Landy too?
Here are our sh**ty lines right now :
Rodrigues-Mack-Lehkonen
Nieto-Compher-Rants.

It's hard to expect anything outside of Mack and Rants at this point and it's hard to get mad.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Avs generated enough in the third to win the game. Need to convert their chances. That Compher miss can’t happen.
Nope. He HAS to understand context and go glove. Why are you going blocker on one of the worst glove side goalies in hockey? Especially when glove was WIDE open to snipe.

Maddening.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I like your post but I say Ef CMac. And fire his ass after the season is over. He's not shown me much at all.

Joe decided it was time to go on Easy Street after winning the Cup just like his mentor did before COVID did him in.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
We're lucky that Seattle isn't very good. Our bullshit effort will suffice
They're so lucky the hockey gods decided to just rail our ass this season.

I think you might win a series so let's have another of your best players mysteriously disappear without any answers because f*** you!

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
They're so lucky the hockey gods decided to just rail our ass this season.

I think you might win a series so let's have another of your best players mysteriously disappear without any answers because f*** you!
We've really played like shit for most of the series. We just have higher skilled guys

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
This team won’t make it past the second round even if they get beat Seattle without Nuke. Like wtf can someone just disappear like that?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
If last year's team is still there, we win the next two and wrap it up. We'll see.
Problem is, a 3rd of last year's team isn't playing on this year's. Landy, Kadri, Nuke, Bura, Helm, JMFJ, NAK, Sturm. That's basically both their 2nd and 3rd lines from last year.

Take any other team and subtract that off their roster, and see how they do? It's almost a miracle they won 50 games and the division this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad