GDT: ECSF: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Rod definitely trying to spark his team AND get in the Rangers' head with this move. Kochetkov had a good year so it's not like going to a true backup, he only gave up 2 goals in 2 games vs us this season. And down 2-0, going to another goalie - same thing as the Devils last year.

Come out and score early on him and it negates any of this.

Reactions: AirGut

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If you have MAX, you can watch TNT on there and start the game from the beginning. However, the games seem to expire on the app a couple hours after the game ends.
ESPN+ streaming had the rewind / fast forward feature during reg season but it’s not available now. I think it’s the same on MAX too.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
This will likely be one of the toughest if not the toughest game in the season so far. Carolina is going to leave nothing out there.

Gotta absorb the onslaught in the opening minutes in particular. They will likely be buzzing around Shesty and trying to get him off his game.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Are we sure? I mean look at what Lindy did last year when we were up 2-0. We got Schmided.

It's not even close to the same thing.

Vanicek got lit up 2 games in a row and that itself at least warranted a change theoretically.

Freddy played well last game. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Rod is actually telling the truth.

Freddy got some starts down the stretch but they really managed his workload. Blood clots are no joke.

Canes had a shit soft schedule the last 2 months of the year. It was basically the Rangers, Bruins twice and a bunch of lottery teams and I don't think he came back until there was a month or so left in the year. The pressure/volume he faced in those games is a different beast than what he's seen in the playoffs (g2 vs NYI aside.) He played a double OT game vs the Isles too but they had 2 days off in between games after that one as opposed to just the 1.

My other thought is that Kochetkov is MUCH better at moving laterally than Andersen and Rod may be thinking that he would stop some of the PP goals that the Rangers have scored in this series.

He's more of a wildcard than Andersen is. Totally capable of stealing a game but when he leaks, oh does he leak.

He's also a little crazy and a hot head (even more so than Igor). If the Rangers get in his kitchen they can probably goad him into taking a penalty.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Unlike the Canes, we can win on the road. We need Igor to keep up the amazing play tonight. Waybmore pressure on them tonight, hopefully our guys come out hungry.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
We dropped 6 on kochetkov in Game 7 2 years ago and I’m fairly sure he was in goal for Panarin’s 4 goal game in Raleigh

2 were scored on Raanta but he hurt himself going James Brown.

Kochetkov gave up 3 (Strome, Kreider, Chytil) and there was an ENG mixed in.

Panarin's 4 goal game came against Andersen.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
It's not even close to the same thing.

Vanicek got lit up 2 games in a row and that itself at least warranted a change theoretically.

Freddy played well last game. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Rod is actually telling the truth.

Freddy got some starts down the stretch but they really managed his workload. Blood clots are no joke.

Canes had a shit soft schedule the last 2 months of the year. It was basically the Rangers, Bruins twice and a bunch of lottery teams and I don't think he came back until there was a month or so left in the year. The pressure/volume he faced in those games is a different beast than what he's seen in the playoffs (g2 vs NYI aside.) He played a double OT game vs the Isles too but they had 2 days off in between games after that one as opposed to just the 1.

My other thought is that Kochetkov is MUCH better at moving laterally than Andersen and Rod may be thinking that he would stop some of the PP goals that the Rangers have scored in this series.

He's more of a wildcard than Andersen is. Totally capable of stealing a game but when he leaks, oh does he leak.

He's also a little crazy and a hot head (even more so than Igor). If the Rangers get in his kitchen they can probably goad him into taking a penalty.

I'm not an HFDoc like you are, but with blood clots, you either can play or not play, no? It's not like a physical injury that gets better with rest. I remember that Kreider dealt with blood clots, he had to take time off and go on medication.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm not an HFDoc like you are, but with blood clots, you either can play or not play, no? It's not like a physical injury that gets better with rest.

No you're right but they were really careful to manage his workload and build up headed into the playoffs. This isn't like other injuries where you can still move your body while you're recovering, you're pretty much shut down completely.

This is why I buy the rest excuse. He hasn't had the reps and just played a game and a half.

Reactions: will1066

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kochetkov is a good goalie. Andersen is a good goalie. Pyotr hasn't been playing and if the Canes lose tonight they'll be in serious trouble so it's a gamble. If I'm looking at the goalies left in the East---Igor IMO is the best, then Swayman and then Bobrovsky. The Carolina goalies aren't quite at the same level. Goaltending really isn't a weakness for them but it's not a strength either or at least not at where we're at now.

Rangers have had issues with Aho and his line in particular. Quiet them and get to their goalie and we should win. I really don't think we're going to be sweeping these guys but tonight and the next one are winnable and you take them one at a time.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
If you have MAX, you can watch TNT on there and start the game from the beginning. However, the games seem to expire on the app a couple hours after the game ends.
So stupid, I'll have to stream it while I'm working and not tape it. I'm paying too much for Fubo for it to not be on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad