GDT: Extremely high effort I promise this isn't an Emergency GDT - Avalanche vs Kraken Game 4.

Nukes return date?

• Game 5

Votes: 10 16.1%

Votes: 18 29.0%

Votes: 6 9.7%

Votes: 28 45.2%

• Total voters

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
When is Nosek's hearing?

Parron is probably calling the NHL's attorneys to see if he's allowed to send Makar to prison for 10 years based on his past association with Kadri.

They probably were so gleeful at the opportunity to suspend an Avs player, they either stayed up super late or woke up super early.

Reactions: katfude

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019

Duh

Anyone in here that pretended he wasn’t going to get a least a game or two needs to take off the glasses. We know Cale isn’t dirty but that wasn’t a great hit. Pains me to say - he should sit at least a game. Put us out of our misery!

Also, I didn’t hear a single word about Nuke post game. Have the media been instructed not to press about it? It’s whatever, I guess. This season is one for the birds

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Duh

Anyone in here that pretended he wasn’t going to get a least a game or two needs to take off the glasses. We know Cale isn’t dirty but that wasn’t a great hit. Pains me to say - he should sit at least a game. Put us out of our misery!

Also, I didn’t hear a single word about Nuke post game. Have the media been instructed not to press about it? It’s whatever, I guess. This season is one for the birds

Maybe it's not the bias of others as much as it's you wanting to curry favor on the mainboard. Good job with that. Not sure what you were hoping to accomplish. It's lame though.

Regarding the substance of your post. It's not delusional. There are similar plays where this gets ignored by the office of Parron. Nosek and Bunting did the same play. One gets suspended the other doesn't. This was similar to Dumba on Pavelski except, while it was more late, it was less egregious in that a whistle had not blown and there was no way of knowing where the puck was.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
20230425_072133.jpg

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Duh

I don't know if he'll get a game or two but I wouldn't be surprised honestly. It was a bad hit. That said, I could also see him getting off with a slap on the wrists fine or even nothing at all. All I know is that if he gets suspended, then just mark however many games he gets kicked out of as L's and move on. If that means more than 1 game, well hey, onto next year.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Maybe it's not the bias of others as much as it's you wanting to curry favor on the mainboard. Good job with that. Not sure what you were hoping to accomplish. It's lame though.

Regarding the substance of your post. It's not delusional. There are similar plays where this gets ignored by the office of Parron. Nosek and Bunting did the same play. One gets suspended the other doesn't. This was similar to Dumba on Pavelski except, while it was more late, it was less egregious in that a whistle had not blown and there was no way of knowing where the puck was.
No one is currying the favor of anyone. Sometimes I frequent the mains during the post season bc I’m sick of the sky is failing each and every second. I try to look at this stuff thru the lens of a fan of the sport. Like a lot of you, I haven’t missed an Avs game in many many years, and them winning last year and my second daughter being born the very next day was something of story book for me. But I try to be unbiased. Nothing is more gross than oilers fans and their active biases

In regards to the hit. It’s nothing like Dumba hit. Like nothing at all. One was during the play the other wasn’t. Pavelski was knocked out from a stick whipping and getting caught by his jaw. Im not a big fan of Dumba for obvious reasons but that was more unlucky in result, imo.

I didn’t like the hit and that’s okay, but it was painfully obvious to anyone out of Avs land he would certainly get a hearing. That’s my opinion

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
The Avs should seriously consider forfeiting game 5.
No one is currying the favor of anyone. Sometimes I frequent the mains during the post season bc I’m sick of the sky is failing each and every second. I try to look at this stuff thru the lens of a fan of the sport. Like a lot of you, I haven’t missed an Avs game in many many years, and them winning last year and my second daughter being born the very next day was something of story book for me. But I try to be unbiased. Nothing is more gross than oilers fans and their active biases

In regards to the hit. It’s nothing like Dumba hit. Like nothing at all. One was during the play the other wasn’t. Pavelski was knocked out from a stick whipping and getting caught by his jaw. Im not a big fan of Dumba for obvious reasons but that was more unlucky in result, imo.

I didn’t like the hit and that’s okay, but it was painfully obvious to anyone out of Avs land he would certainly get a hearing. That’s my opinion

If you weren't so busy trying to suck up to Seattle (et al) fans last night, you'd know that there were comparisons to the Dumba hit. So spare everyone the "your truth" stuff. No one is telling you that you have to agree with everyone. But it might also be helpful to you to know your audience and that stuff you were doing last night isn't a springboard to go to the Avs board and get on the same soap box. Why would you assume everyone agrees with you?

Saying it was obvious doesn't mean much because it ignores whether it's deserved or not and that's the bigger question. Several Avs fans are not suprised but it's not because of this play itself but because of a past history with the league (and Parron in particular) going after the Avs more than certain other teams. So saying it's obvious isn't saying much or going out on a limb. But why is it obvious?

Reactions: niwotsblessing

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Man Newhook has given this team nothing this series. Sucks that they’ve really really needed him to step up, and so far he hasn’t come close.
He's a scrub. Looks like he is going to be a classic case of "productive player on bad team" but can't play on a good team.

The Avs should not commit a penny to him this Summer.

Reactions: missionAvs

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
Man Newhook has given this team nothing this series. Sucks that they’ve really really needed him to step up, and so far he hasn’t come close.
I feel like he has somehow gotten worse. If he has absolutely anyone around him he is not getting a shot off.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The fact that this team counts on Alex Newhook to be a key component in the playoffs shows what a piss poor job Chris MacFarland has done in his short tenure as GM.

Newhook’s not that guy. Nieto’s not that guy. Eller is playing great hockey but he’s also not that guy.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
When you control play as much as Seattle did 5v5 (Avs embarrassingly blown out with only 27% xGF% 5v5), you’re more likely to get the lions share of the PP’s.
Avs dominated plenty of playoff games like that last year and never had a PP disparity like that. It was poorly reffed and very lopsided.

In the 3rd there was extremely blatant high stick where ERod got his head almost taken off, and play where MacK was held blatantly 4 times while trying to away from Dunn in the corner. That one was so bad the hot mic caught 29 yelling at the ref. It was a clear as day hold, 29 basically got bear hugged, because Dunn couldn't keep up.

My point is you can't call it tight on one team and then just let the other get away with whatever. The Avs were called very tight, Seattle got lots of leeway.

Seattle isn't nearly as dominant if they don't get as many calls as they got. It's easy to keep the pressure of you are constantly getting PPs.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Does anyone have a problem with Newhook's cross check to Beniers' throat as retaliation for Beniers' cross check on Newhook the previous game?

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Does anyone have a problem with Newhook's cross check to Beniers' throat as retaliation for Beniers' cross check on Newhook the previous game?
I didn't watch it again but it looked a bit of a sell job with the head snap from Beniers but what do I know I've never been crosschecked in the throat :laugh:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Only in Avs land. Makar gets cheap shotted to the head twice this year, resulting in multiple concussions and missed time only to turn around and get suspended for a hit that wasn't even bad. The result sucked but the overall hit wasn't much.

This league is a joke when it comes to player safety.

I'd have no problem if they were suspending players all year for head shots, but I have no sympathy when Cale sat out over a quarter of the year due to cheap shots he took to the head where players didn't get suspended.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith

A hearing for "interference?" Given the interference that went uncalled in this game this action simply highlights the flagrant inconsistency of the NHL in on-ice officiating, and the subsequent inability of the "player safety" department to impartially and consistently serve the players and the game.

As someone noted last night in this thread Makar was given a penalty for the result of the play, not the play itself. McCann's head hit the glass and he got hurt which is unfortunate but it was by no means a dangerous play, especially in the context of the dangerous plays by seattle that went uncalled by the on ice officials in last night's game.

My sense is that Makar will be suspended which will cost the Avs any chance of winning this series.

pont

Jul 1, 2019
As much as it sucks, the Avs need to cut ties with him in the off season one way or another. We really need a guy with his skill set and salary hit to step up, but it won't happen with the Avs. Ton's of talent but little to no sustainable drive.

Reactions: AvsCOL

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
No, because Berniers' cross-check led directly to a goal.

Once again, it is the job of the on ice officials to call penalties for rules infractions and to protect the safety of the players. Their failure to do so in the first instance led to the second.

Last night the officials lost control of the game with the BS call on Nieto a minute into the game.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
The fact that this team counts on Alex Newhook to be a key component in the playoffs shows what a piss poor job Chris MacFarland has done in his short tenure as GM.

Newhook’s not that guy. Nieto’s not that guy. Eller is playing great hockey but he’s also not that guy.
Eller was a fine addition to the bottom 6, but if that’s your big deadline addition, I think you deserve all the criticism in the world. MacFarland did lay a big egg at the TDL.

Reactions: The Moops

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
The Avs should seriously consider forfeiting game 5.

If you weren't so busy trying to suck up to Seattle (et al) fans last night, you'd know that there were comparisons to the Dumba hit. So spare everyone the "your truth" stuff. No one is telling you that you have to agree with everyone. But it might also be helpful to you to know your audience and that stuff you were doing last night isn't a springboard to go to the Avs board and get on the same soap box. Why would you assume everyone agrees with you?

Saying it was obvious doesn't mean much because it ignores whether it's deserved or not and that's the bigger question. Several Avs fans are not suprised but it's not because of this play itself but because of a past history with the league (and Parron in particular) going after the Avs more than certain other teams. So saying it's obvious isn't saying much or going out on a limb. But why is it obvious?
It’s comical you think I’m sucking up to any fans, and especially the 15 Seattle fans on the main, lol Like I give a flying shit what some random dudes on a hockey forum think. I frequent HF to have discourse with knowledgeable hockey fans. I promise you idgaff what some dude with a mandalorian helmet in his avatar thinks. I hope you feel the same way about some dude with a chair in his.

It’s also comical you believe Parron goes after the Avs more than the next team. Toronto fans also feels the same. Edmonton fans also feels the same. Minnesota fans also thinks the same. So on and so on. See what is happening here? Try for just a second to see the hit from the other shoe perspective. If that was Makar knocked out cold - how would you feel? I know I know, you’d be okay with it. Fwiw, I also wasn’t a fan a Cale’s first concussion this year. I thought there was more to it than just a random collision.

To answer the question, yes.. unfortunately, I feel it’s deserved to sit a game or two. I obviously don’t want him to but I didnt like the hit. I certainly wouldn’t like it if it was done to Mack the same way. That said, I doubt Mack would let up so much that you could rub him that way.

Reactions: missionAvs

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Once again, it is the job of the on ice officials to call penalties for rules infractions and to protect the safety of the players. Their failure to do so in the first instance led to the second.

Last night the officials lost control of the game with the BS call on Nieto a minute into the game.
100% this. Refs lost control early and set the tone that Seattle was going to be allowed to get away with murder and the Avs were going to be held accountable for everything.

It led to Seattle taking liberties all night. Lots of extra activity usually startesd by them.

The refs have been squarely in Seattle's pocket since the puck dropped game 1. Every single game they are getting more PP chances. It's trash. Bednar should be all over the refs for this.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018

The retaliation was just so feable though. If Berniers wasn't trying to sell it, he might have burst out in laughter. Also, for someone who is contributing little, do you think this is a little selfish?

It’s comical you think I’m sucking up to any fans, and especially the 15 Seattle fans on the main, lol Like I give a flying shit what some random dudes on a hockey forum think. I frequent HF to have discourse with knowledgeable hockey fans. I promise you idgaff what some dude with a mandalorian helmet in his avatar thinks. I hope you feel the same way about some dude with a chair in his.

It’s also comical you believe Parron goes after the Avs more than the next team. Toronto fans also feels the same. Edmonton fans also feels the same. Minnesota fans also thinks the same. So on and so on. See what is happening here? Try for just a second to see the hit from the other shoe perspective. If that was Makar knocked out cold - how would you feel? I know I know, you’d be okay with it. Fwiw, I also wasn’t a fan a Cale’s first concussion this year. I thought there was more to it than just a random collision.

To answer the question, yes.. unfortunately, I feel it’s deserved to sit a game or two. I obviously don’t want him to but I didnt like the hit. I certainly wouldn’t like it if it was done to Mack the same way. That said, I doubt Mack would let up so much that you could rub him that way.

You obviously do because you were working so hard for it last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad