GDT: Extremely high effort I promise this isn't an Emergency GDT - Avalanche vs Kraken Game 4.

Nukes return date?

• Game 5

Votes: 10 16.1%

Votes: 18 29.0%

Votes: 6 9.7%

Votes: 28 45.2%

• Total voters

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
They shouldn't even bother trying to elevate the 2nd line at this point. They should just put Lehkonnen, MacKinnon, and Rantanen on the top line and live with it. This might be their best chance. But if you're going to expect MacKinnon and Rantanen to do it all, you might as well let them help each other.

Leave the depth players to fend for themselves. Sink or swim. Earn your keep.

I've never actually been completely sold on them having real chemistry. They hookup on plenty, but I think the grinder on their line bridges the gaps in their game. I did not like that line with Erod at all.

I just don't get the feeling they can play with each other blind or without someone willing to do the dirty work.

Mikko takes charge of the ice more without Mack on his line it seems.

At this point though, no stone can be unturned.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Duh

Anyone in here that pretended he wasn’t going to get a least a game or two needs to take off the glasses. We know Cale isn’t dirty but that wasn’t a great hit. Pains me to say - he should sit at least a game. Put us out of our misery!

Also, I didn’t hear a single word about Nuke post game. Have the media been instructed not to press about it? It’s whatever, I guess. This season is one for the birds
Real journalism is dead....... Reporters apparently aren't even digging into this story to find out what's going on......

Reactions: drhiii

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Real journalism is dead....... Reporters apparently aren't even digging into this story to find out what's going on......

Oh come now, they're digging, but what is there to dig for really? Something happened Friday night, that we know. We still don't know the details regarding what happened to Jim Montgomery in Dallas that led to his dismissal and immediate entry into rehab, and I'm not sure we need to know.

We'll probably find out more as time goes on, but I'm guessing this is the final straw. One departure too many, and it's not like they were built for a deep run to begin with.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
Oh come now, they're digging, but what is there to dig for really? Something happened Friday night, that we know. We still don't know the details regarding what happened to Jim Montgomery in Dallas that led to his dismissal and immediate entry into rehab, and I'm not sure we need to know.

We'll probably find out more as time goes on, but I'm guessing this is the final straw. One departure too many, and it's not like they were built for a deep run to begin with.
Jim Montgomery groped a female at a party or function whike intoxicated

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Feels like it would have been pretty bad, to get canceled in Texas. Then Boston welcomes him in. Bizarro worlds collide.

Yeah, Friedman said in "31 Thoughts" that whatever it was Dallas had on him, it was an "airtight case," otherwise they might have waited. It had to have been more than just a random grope. Not when we know an assistant coach in the Pittsburgh organization sexually assaulted the wife of another coach's wife and did not suffer immediate consequences, and obviously look what happened with that goddamned slimebucket in Chicago.

No, it was more than that, I read something involving a sex worker but I haven't delved into it beyond that. And that's fine, we don't need details, though some clarity on the current situation would be nice.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't think coaches are at the same level of public figure as players.

When pro athletes, politicians, actors, music stars or other famous people f*** up people want to know. That comes with notoriety and part of the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad