GDT: Extreme Emergency GDT Avs @ Preds 03/02/24

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
It should have been addressed last season. Now this year it will cost us at least home ice advantage.
That’s what annoys me the most. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see that if they lose home ice advantage they are absolutely toast. Even with home ice they would be hard pressed to beat the majority of the teams they might face. The ship has been gradually sinking since the ASG and there has been nothing done.

Don’t get me wrong, nuke coming back will help a ton, but without a 2c this is gonna end up a wild card team, which is a god damn travesty considering mackinnon is on pace to have the best season points wise in Avs history. I’m absolutely pissed that they are squandering their window and Mack’s/makars prime years.

And truthfully, unless Cmac has an absolute lights out deadline, my position isn’t going to change. If he goes out and gets Henrique I’m gonna be even more livid because it should have been done a month ago if that is his big move.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
With Nuke coming back, we have the wingers for a 2nd line, we're just missing the most important piece...... For 1.6 years now.
They still need a goal scorer. Lehky hasn't been right since he returned. Drouin isn't it. I imagine it's gonna take Nuke several games to get his timing back. They can't keep relying on Mack and Mikko to score. Even Mikko has dropped off in that area a lot the last 6 weeks.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
That’s what annoys me the most. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see that if they lose home ice advantage they are absolutely toast. Even with home ice they would be hard pressed to beat the majority of the teams they might face. The ship has been gradually sinking since the ASG and there has been nothing done.

Don’t get me wrong, nuke coming back will help a ton, but without a 2c this is gonna end up a wild card team, which is a god damn travesty considering mackinnon is on pace to have the best season points wise in Avs history. I’m absolutely pissed that they are squandering their window and Mack’s/makars prime years.

And truthfully, unless Cmac has an absolute lights out deadline, my position isn’t going to change. If he goes out and gets Henrique I’m gonna be even more livid because it should have been done a month ago if that is his big move.
I don't think Henrique will be enough to really make a run. He's not even a real center anymore. Cmac staying with the Avs is starting to look like a kiss of death for this franchise.

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
I don't think Henrique will be enough to really make a run. He's not even a real center anymore. Cmac staying with the Avs is starting to look like a kiss of death for this franchise.
I fully agree, I’m just saying if that’s his big move, I can’t for the life of me figure out why he wouldn’t have grabbed him sooner to give them a fighting chance. I get both sides have to agree but if that is your big plan, execute it earlier.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Unless CMac makes some meaningful changes, I would agree. This current version of the Avs will get blown out in the 1st round no matter who they play
It would have to be some hell of a change.... like adding Rob Blake to the roster when you already have Bourque and the rest.

Or Chelios when you already have Lidstrom.

That ain't happening. Because there's no one out there like that....

The team we got is the one that CMac is going forward with. No one other than MacK really showed up today. Put your eggs in one basket and don't wonder when goals become sparse.

Reactions: The Moops

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
They still need a goal scorer. Lehky hasn't been right since he returned. Drouin isn't it. I imagine it's gonna take Nuke several games to get his timing back. They can't keep relying on Mack and Mikko to score. Even Mikko has dropped off in that area a lot the last 6 weeks.
That's exactly what our 2C needs to be. He needs to be a play driver. Someone to use Nukes big body that'll be in front of the net. He's gotta be able to pass and shoot. Just like Kadri was for us. JD or Mikko as the other winger would be fine, because those two would be doing the heavy lifting. Don't forget Bura lost his job to Lehky in the playoffs.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Hilarious anyone thinking this game is on Georgiev. You're either NOT watching the games or worse, you are watching it but don't understand what you're seeing. Seriously?? The whole f***ing team was garbage in front of him. They started out strong in the first but didn't get a 2 or 3 goal lead so they completely deflated as the game went on, like when you're slowly letting the air out of a tire.

All of nsh goals were caused by horrible defensive coverage. Instead of blaming the D or the forwards in front of him, you're blaming him because he didn't make every miraculous save to get the win.

Give your collective heads a shake.

1st goal by shitter cody glass - was a great pass by sissons but if Colton picks up his man as is his job, there is no goal there. It wasn't a soft goal but George could have had it.
2nd goal by shitter cody glass - MacKinnon being lazy in his own zone let's glass beat him to the front of the net - the pass comes from behind the net and it's a bang-bang play. No chance for Georgiev.
3rd goal by ror - shot takes a weird bounce off the boards right to ror on the open side of the net. PP goal, no chance for Georgiev.
4th goal by novak - a bad change leads to a 1 on 2 and byram gets shifted like he's a peewee player. PP goal where Georgiev could of had it but was probably surprised at how terrible byram played it... as he's supposed to be an NHL player.
5th goal is an empty netter - who cares

The team did not have it tonight... They need some help and guys like Makar and O'Connor are clearly playing injured when they should probably be resting/recovering. I think there's also some resentment/pissed off players that management haven't gotten them any help yet while other teams are making deals.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's not saying much, but he wasn't terrible in this game.
Yeah but no one is saying the right things when this team keep losing games like this. It’s always we played good for this or that much of the game, and RyJo saying it was a fun game to play. So he has fun losing I guess. Even in his interviews RyJo sounds like he just doesn’t give a shit. He needs to go. Brings nothing to the table other than 4 mill cap hit

Reactions: Metallo

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
Hilarious anyone thinking this game is on Georgiev. You're either NOT watching the games or worse, you are watching it but don't understand what you're seeing. Seriously?? The whole f***ing team was garbage in front of him. They started out strong in the first but didn't get a 2 or 3 goal lead so they completely deflated as the game went on, like when you're slowly letting the air out of a tire.

All of nsh goals were caused by horrible defensive coverage. Instead of blaming the D or the forwards in front of him, you're blaming him because he didn't make every miraculous save to get the win.

1st goal by shitter cody glass - was a great pass by sissons but if Colton picks up his man as is his job, there is no goal there. It wasn't a soft goal but George could have had it.
2nd goal by shitter cody glass - MacKinnon being lazy in his own zone let's glass beat him to the front of the net - the pass comes from behind the net and it's a bang-bang play. No chance for Georgiev.
3rd goal by ror - shot takes a weird bounce off the boards right to ror on the open side of the net. PP goal, no chance for Georgiev.
4th goal by novak - a bad change leads to a 1 on 2 and byram gets shifted like he's a peewee player. PP goal where Georgiev could of had it but was probably surprised at how terrible byram played it... as he's supposed to be an NHL player.

The team did not have it tonight... They need some help and guys like Makar and O'Connor are clearly playing injured when they should probably be resting/recovering. I think there's also some resentment/pissed off players that management haven't gotten them any help yet while other teams are making deals.

This is 100% true. Personally, I just like to type fourgiev everytime he lets in four. Simply for the meme culture

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

It is not about blaming Georgiev. Sometimes the team doesn't have it, though, and you want your goaltender to bail you out. Honestly, how many times has he done that this season? 2?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I fully agree, I’m just saying if that’s his big move, I can’t for the life of me figure out why he wouldn’t have grabbed him sooner to give them a fighting chance. I get both sides have to agree but if that is your big plan, execute it earlier.
Some GMs probably prefer to wait until the deadline to see all the offers before making a trade. Just because Lindholm and Monahan went early, doesn’t mean every GM is willing to do that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad