GDT: Extreme Emergency GDT Avs @ Preds 03/02/24

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
You don't want to face ROR over 7 games. You say that now, but when he has 3-5 key goals, is neutralizing every breakout and is wearing down our soft ass D... different story.

People can keep sleeping on him, he'll just keep winning.
I said he'd win a cup before the Avs did when they chose the Duchene cap over ROR. I'm certainly glad the Avs got one pretty quick thereafter though.

I really wish bridges didn't get burned... or that they could be mended before players retire. He would've been the perfect fit for what the Avs have needed since they traded him away, although Naz was a really good substitute for a few years.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
They're always a brutal matchup for us.

Physical on the forecheck usually means bad things for us. Nashville, Winnipeg, Vegas... we can't beat those teams in a 7 game series.
Not having Nuke and Landy, a true 2C, a 2W that can score, and then having a clearly not right Makar, and a goaile that can't seem to make the big saves when you need one and you end up with a team that looks like this one. I don't think there are enough moves to be made at this deadline to fix this team.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Not even mad about this one, Nashville played a great game. Avs didn't fight through it but they were shutting us down all night. They capitalized on some chances and we didn't, plus they're on e heater.

Preds would scare me more in a playoff matchup than the Stars right now

EDIT: again, at this point it's good when a potential playoff opponent highlights obvious weaknesses in the lineup (i.e. secondary scoring). Give me all those this week

Overall though, Avs need to learn when to just dump and chase and tweak their system. They almost never adjust when a team figures them out.

Also, Rants remains garbage, and Cale isn't Cale. Hopefully Makar can regain form before long

Last edited:
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Finally going to my first ever game today against the Preds. Let’s hope Mackinnon gets a hat trick :popcorn:
Whelp… At least I saw Mackinnon score in person

Attachments

• E8659183-72B3-4EC3-AFDF-8221B1850623.gif
    E8659183-72B3-4EC3-AFDF-8221B1850623.gif
    156.8 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad