GDT: Extreme Emergency GDT Avs @ Preds 03/02/24

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
They still need a goal scorer. Lehky hasn't been right since he returned. Drouin isn't it. I imagine it's gonna take Nuke several games to get his timing back. They can't keep relying on Mack and Mikko to score. Even Mikko has dropped off in that area a lot the last 6 weeks.
they were #1 before this game

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
they were #1 before this game
Correction: MacK doing all the heavy lifting was #1. If his line can't win, the Avs can't win. Same problem last season. Just no solid depth to take the pressure off of the top line. Can't win like that. Especially when you don't have last change. We're in for a repeat performance if there isn't done changes made soon

CNap likely banking on Nuke's return to fix everything

Fully prepared for the water carrying by the Altitude guys after the deadline too. “There’s no one they could’ve added that’s as good as Nuke and Landy”.

I will lose my mind if I have to hear that even once.
75% chance this is the plan

Reactions: NateTheGreat

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Just get a good 2C and 4C and it will make a big difference.

Lehky-MacK-Mikko
Drouin-2C-Nuke
Wood-Colton-LOC
Parise-4C-Cogs

And if Landy comes back, it will make things that much better. And get rid of RyJo at any cost. We don’t want a dude on this team who has fun losing

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
It is not about blaming Georgiev. Sometimes the team doesn't have it, though, and you want your goaltender to bail you out. Honestly, how many times has he done that this season? 2?
Hey I can't argue with you there...he hasn't had many nights where he's the best player on the ice or the main reason why we won. I'm not going to suggest otherwise.

We'll see what the Avs do to address the back-up situation.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
LTIR Makar and let him heal up before the playoffs. He looks about 60% out there.
60% Makar is still world class. He looks more like 1%. When I tore something in my back, it wasn't pain that stopped me, it was the fact I didn't have the strength to lift anything over 5 pounds. Asking him to push though the pain isn't going to work when the body simply doesn't respond.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Calum Ritchie had a huge weekend.

OT winner last night and two more goals tonight. His team beat two of the best oHL teams. Dudes drafted above him. And he smoked them. Ritchie is competitive!

Last edited:
  • Wow

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey I can't argue with you there...he hasn't had many nights where he's the best player on the ice or the main reason why we won. I'm not going to suggest otherwise.

We'll see what the Avs do to address the back-up situation.
I think that's where fan frustration lies. Win or lose he is almost always guaranteed to allow 3+, usually 4+. It's like clockwork. Since Jan 1st he's had 20 starts:

9 games giving up 4 goals
5 games giving up 3 goals
6 games giving up 2 goals or less

That's not even backup goalie quality.

I hope the Avs address this in the offseason and get a real goalie because I can't see them moving on from him at the TDL.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I think that's where fan frustration lies. Win or lose he is almost always guaranteed to allow 3+, usually 4+. It's like clockwork. Since Jan 1st he's had 20 starts:

I hope the Avs address this in the offseason and get a real goalie because I can't see them moving on from him at the TDL.
Is that good? Asking for a friend.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Fouuuurrrrrrgiev

Edit: what the actual f*** was that byram
LOL Byram

Get f***ed
4th goal by novak - a bad change leads to a 1 on 2 and byram gets shifted like he's a peewee player. PP goal where Georgiev could of had it but was probably surprised at how terrible byram played it... as he's supposed to be an NHL player.

It wasn't a bad change, Byram had been stuck out on the PK for 1:30, he was absolutely gassed.

Kiviranta had nobody around him in the corner with the puck and cleared it right to the Preds, then Toews made way too soft a clear instead of hammering it down ice, which allowed Saros to play the puck to Novak, and prevent Bo from changing again.

And that was the second shift in a row he got stuck out there. He got stuck out there for 1:42 the shift before, after Kiviranta failed to get the puck deep, and then Girard iced the puck.

Bo had been playing a really great game up until that point. I hope everyone noticed all the great little plays he made under pressure to breakup plays, and get the puck out of the D zone to jump start rushes. If not, I can clip them out tomorrow to show them?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
One line teams get shut down on the road.
Its not one line. Its pretty much a one man team. The Colorado Mackinnon's. I swear if this guy doesnt win the MVp just throw that award in the trash.

The Avs aren't even going to be angry that they lost. I think that's what kills me the most. Feels like they're just way too accepting of bad effort play.
This was the case alot last season aswell. They are ok being just an ok team. Once again I have to say it but thank Odin this core has 1 Cup. Imagine they didnt win it that year.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Hilarious anyone thinking this game is on Georgiev. You're either NOT watching the games or worse, you are watching it but don't understand what you're seeing. Seriously?? The whole f***ing team was garbage in front of him. They started out strong in the first but didn't get a 2 or 3 goal lead so they completely deflated as the game went on, like when you're slowly letting the air out of a tire.

All of nsh goals were caused by horrible defensive coverage. Instead of blaming the D or the forwards in front of him, you're blaming him because he didn't make every miraculous save to get the win.

Give your collective heads a shake.

1st goal by shitter cody glass - was a great pass by sissons but if Colton picks up his man as is his job, there is no goal there. It wasn't a soft goal but George could have had it.
2nd goal by shitter cody glass - MacKinnon being lazy in his own zone let's glass beat him to the front of the net - the pass comes from behind the net and it's a bang-bang play. No chance for Georgiev.
3rd goal by ror - shot takes a weird bounce off the boards right to ror on the open side of the net. PP goal, no chance for Georgiev.
4th goal by novak - a bad change leads to a 1 on 2 and byram gets shifted like he's a peewee player. PP goal where Georgiev could of had it but was probably surprised at how terrible byram played it... as he's supposed to be an NHL player.
5th goal is an empty netter - who cares

The team did not have it tonight... They need some help and guys like Makar and O'Connor are clearly playing injured when they should probably be resting/recovering. I think there's also some resentment/pissed off players that management haven't gotten them any help yet while other teams are making deals.
You're right, Georgiev was not the problem tonight.

But outside of last year during the regular season, he hasn't really been the solution either.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

I'd be talking to Buffalo right now. UPL has stepped up to #1. So bring either Comrie or Levi on and watch them go on a hot streak.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Would have been nice for Nate to put some distance between him and McD.. darnit to heck
Some of us saw this coming in January. I think McDavid overtakes Mackinnon and Kucherov on his way to another Hart and Art and then Cup

I didnt start calling him Fourgiev by accident. I started noticing the 4 goals against in November.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Well, from the 2nd period on one team was in Playoff mode, the other looked like a drunken beer league team. Man, when we have a bad game, we REALLY have a bad game.

4giev wasn't at fault here, but still, FOUR again.

And i'm starting to get pissed off by Mikko. He's suppose to take over when Mac isn't at his best, but he simply can't do it. Never could, never will. His next contract will suck sooo bad. :help:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I like him, but wouldn't you think after this season the Sabres org. would not just give him away? Levi has been disappointing, we can discuss the upside all day long but the fact is UPL is the better goalie now.

Besides, what would it cost? I just don't think improving from Georgiev is all that realistic. We have bigger issues than him. I didn't watch the game last night, but if you lose by a score of 5-1, there are other issues besides the goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00