Expectations for Matthew Knies.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
I get the feeling Knies starts the year on the Marlies (for cap reasons + the addition of Domi, Bertuzzi + Jarnkrok on LW leave Knies little opportunity... maybe a kid 3rd line of Knies - Holmberg - Robertson might be an interesting line perhaps?
unless Domi play 3rd line C or injuries it might be the right move to give Knies 1st line & PP time in the AHL to help development purposes...

If he plays top 6 to start the year a sticks... he should get roughly 60pts imho

*edited

Last edited:

Obo

Nov 20, 2019
based on his salary he should get 100+ pts in an 80+ game schedule *injuries pending

so let's say between 50 - 60 goals and 40 - 50 assets seems fair for contract value

playoffs is another story altogether...
I think you might be thinking of somebody else...

• Haha
Reactions: Twowingcantfly

DollardStLaurent

May 15, 2014
If he takes coaching from Mitchy he will not last the year. He is a mature rookie.
He appears to be more Hyman than MM type of player. If he plays like Bunting his teamates will turn on him.
Reaves etc should be able to provide cover as he learns to play the game.
He looks strong on skates, wide body, likes the front of the net.
I hope he keeps his gloves on for 30 or 40 games while he discovers how strong guys are are. He needs to turn down challenges for a while without showing fear (like Bunting did almost every game) .He is not a fighter, but eventually he must show he will fight.
I see in time a Bob Gainey. If he is more than that, wow.
Fighting is not allowed in the NCAA so we really don't know if this is correct.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
It's hard to give a projection since we won't know the line combos yet with the additions of Bertuzzi and Domi. I would say that if he plays 3rd line, 40-45 points is a successful season. If he plays top 6, he could possibly get 50-60. There's also Robertson to factor in as well.

I would probably have it as:

Bertuzzi Matthews Nylander
Knies Tavares Marner
Domi Holmberg Jarnkrok
Robertson Kampf Lafferty/Reaves

Rielly Brodie
McCabe Klingberg
Benoit/Timmins Liljegren

I think that gives each line a balance of offense and 2 way play

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It's hard to give a projection since we won't know the line combos yet with the additions of Bertuzzi and Domi. I would say that if he plays 3rd line, 40-45 points is a successful season. If he plays top 6, he could possibly get 50-60. There's also Robertson to factor in as well.

I would probably have it as:

Bertuzzi Matthews Nylander
Knies Tavares Marner
Domi Holmberg Jarnkrok
Robertson Kampf Lafferty/Reaves

Rielly Brodie
McCabe Klingberg
Benoit/Timmins Liljegren

I think that gives each line a balance of offense and 2 way play

I'm not sure why people keep factoring in Robertson that dude is made of glass

Reactions: Twowingcantfly

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Even if he weren't the glass man, and he is there is no spot
Imagine if Robertson comes in hot this year like a Cole Caufield. They would make room.

Knies Matthews Nylander
Bertuzzi Tavares Jarnkrok
Robertson Domi Marner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad