Exit Interviews and Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Probably right.

But healthy, can get streaky hot, and good with the puck against a strong forechecking team; I wish Hak had given him a shot.

I read that they would "later in the week."

He started 15 games, after the first three, was a complete train wreck, ended up with a .891 S%.
Sorry, just move on, nothing to see here.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Simmer:

torn pelvis since camp
something like a broken ankle taking a shot off the leg from Ghost
mouth f***ed up taking an errant stick to the face on the bench
the hand injury which actually cost him time "I forgot about that one"

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Lucky for us a lot of GMs think the way Hatcher does...playing through those injuries probably raised his trade value.

Get it done, Ron!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The question is whether this is going to be the "norm" for Simmonds, in which case you have to write him in a 3rd line role and rest him for the playoffs - an extension would have to reflect that "injury" discount.

On the other hand, when you talk about leaders leading by example . . . hard to shirk in a clubhouse that has Simmonds in it.

Reactions: BernieParent

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Simmonds is a warrior and we admire the hell out of him for it. If he gets his old usage back he'll probably flirt with his normal 30 goals and 55-60 points (which isn't even drastically off from this year's totals).

But I've been on the Trade Simmonds Bandwagon since before this season even; the contract situation has always been there. What he did this year, injuries and all, didn't influence my opinion one way or another. It's more what Patrick and Teek did than what Wayne didn't do.

I don't know if someone linked the tweet yet (below), but I'm not sure what to make of it. It's always seemed far-fetched to me that a bunch of hockey guys would trade Simmonds.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Depends on what we're offered, what other moves Hextall makes, and what he wants in an extension.

1) If someone makes an offer Ron can't refuse, nice knowing ya, 1st and 2nd or solid bottom six prospect
2) If only a late first, and Hextall makes moves to improve the team, Simmonds has more value at the TDL than anyone we can obtain with a late 1st rd pick
3) If Simmonds is happy with a 3-4 year extension at an affordable price (i.e. his agent finds out no one wants to give him 5 yr at $6M), he might be worth keeping as veteran depth.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Holmgren, Hextall and Hakstol, the Hs that make the H in Preparation-H. Asshole cream my ass, they are the assholes themselves. They fking remind me of the PR people at Phillip- Morris who vehemently denied there is a correlation between lung cancer and smoking. Know matter what side of the mouth they Fling words or if you prefer the a-hole metaphor , sh*t, there is correlation between poor coaching and winning. And there is a correlation between emotional responses and a winning culture. And to end this rant, since when is hockey a product and not a sport to admire and cherish?? A product is toilet paper to wipe your ass. Guess who needs this product the most? Yep you guessed it.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Depends on what we're offered, what other moves Hextall makes, and what he wants in an extension.

1) If someone makes an offer Ron can't refuse, nice knowing ya, 1st and 2nd or solid bottom six prospect
2) If only a late first, and Hextall makes moves to improve the team, Simmonds has more value at the TDL than anyone we can obtain with a late 1st rd pick
3) If Simmonds is happy with a 3-4 year extension at an affordable price (i.e. his agent finds out no one wants to give him 5 yr at $6M), he might be worth keeping as veteran depth.

I'm pretty much on board with this. When the kids start arriving, I think Simmonds as an 18-25-goal scorer on the 3rd/4th line getting PP2 mins is totally fine. When there's literally no room for the next Allison or Ratcliffe, you move him for a 3rd round pick.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Provy is a man. I tore my AC Joint the same way. 3rd degree separation (3rd degree sprain), all three ligaments torn completely. I couldn't move my arm afterwards. I had to drive my standard shift car home one handed - fun. I don't know how much they had to shoot into his shoulder to play but I will tell you, that it was a mistake. He should have sat out. No strength there and little feel. He probably hurt the team by playing (though he was heroic and his presence must have given them a lift). The doc talked me out of surgery and said to exercise my rotator cuff muscles so they would keep the shoulder in place without the ligaments. Who has time for that, after the initial PT? anyway my clavicle pokes out of my shoulder these days, and lifting weight over my head is limited. Provy will have the surgery I am sure, and deal with the arthritis later (the reason for not having surgery. If you don't have to lift weights over your head or you are not a high level athlete, it is recommended to not have surgery). He is a Warrior. Obviously, so is Simmer.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I've popped my shoulder out at least 4 times playing sandlot ball in my yute and it's totally debilitating. It took me probably a good week before I could do anything at all with my right arm.

I couldn't imagine playing playoff hockey with a bum shoulder like that.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Provy is a man. I tore my AC Joint the same way. 3rd degree separation (3rd degree sprain), all three ligaments torn completely. I couldn't move my arm afterwards. I had to drive my standard shift car home one handed - fun. I don't know how much they had to shoot into his shoulder to play but I will tell you, that it was a mistake. He should have sat out. No strength there and little feel. He probably hurt the team by playing (though he was heroic and his presence must have given them a lift). The doc talked me out of surgery and said to exercise my rotator cuff muscles so they would keep the shoulder in place without the ligaments. Who has time for that, after the initial PT? anyway my clavicle pokes out of my shoulder these days, and lifting weight over my head is limited. Provy will have the surgery I am sure, and deal with the arthritis later (the reason for not having surgery. If you don't have to lift weights over your head or you are not a high level athlete, it is recommended to not have surgery). He is a Warrior. Obviously, so is Simmer.

Provorov will eat his future arthritis. It will not trouble him. This is a guy so powerful he mixes charcoal with water and pees out gasoline as a party trick. Once, as a child, his parents were driving along when they found him in a crater in a field after they got a flat tire. As his father was trying to fix the flat, the jack slipped and his father was nearly crushed. Luckily, Provy was there to catch it. There is photographic proof.

Jonathan+and+Martha+Kent.jpg

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
And knowing what Provorov was playing through, they still elected to bench Sanheim (which shouldn't have happened to begin with). Rolling 7D would've been a lot more important than playing Dale Weise 5 minutes, which had zero bearing on Couturier anyway.

I don't think I'll ever get over what Gudas did in Game 6. I kinda need him to go. All I could think about was how smooth Sanheim would handle the puck behind the net instead of passing it to f***ing Guentzel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad