Exit Interviews and Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Well, if Samuel comes up and lays an egg or one of the other youngsters regresses, you will be glad to have good ol’ #23 back in the lineup. Gudas didn’t do him any favors the back half of the season.

giphy.gif

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I strongly suspect Manning will play 50+ games somewhere next year, and will play another 150 in his career.

He's overqualified to be a #7, and can be a totally fine #6 on a team with stud D like Tampa or Nashville.

When you put him in a role where he has to be the puck-moving guy AND the physical guy because Radko has to redefine his entire game AND play shutdown minutes, well you're asking for trouble.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I keep hearing "Manning would be okay as a #7 or a #6 on a good D"

The reality is that he is a zero in the ozone and less than zero in the dzone. If he is one of the 217 best defensemen on a planet with 7 Billion people, than Hockey is in worse shape than I thought.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Gudas was actually good the first half playing with Sanheim. After paired with Manning he was disaster. Wonder why.

Because with Sanheim they got the easiest matchups, with Manning he was playing tougher matchups which exposed their deficiencies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

The reality is that he is a zero in the ozone and less than zero in the dzone. If he is one of the 217 best defensemen on a planet with 7 Billion people, than Hockey is in worse shape than I thought.

He was 32 in the league in pp/60 at 5x5. That's not a zero in the O-zone, that's pretty darn good.
Of course the "conservative" scheme seemed to help all our defensemen score, except for Hagg.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

I'd say Manning is easily within the top 160 defensemen under contract in the NHL this past season.

How many teams are actually happy with their 6th defenseman? The Blackhawks won a Cup trotting out the corpse of Kimmo out there.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
I'd say Manning is easily within the top 160 defensemen under contract in the NHL this past season.

How many teams are actually happy with their 6th defenseman? The Blackhawks won a Cup trotting out the corpse of Kimmo out there.
Kimmo was playing like 8 minutes a game. If Manning was used like that there wouldn't be that many complaining. But he played over 17 minutes a game. Thats the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad