Exit Interviews and Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
[mod]
They had 98 points and took Pittsburgh to 6 games with basically no goaltenders.
That's a good base to build on.

Think most of the negative comments around here reflect the frustration that comes hand in hand with inflated expectations, we're in a rebuild, the rebuild is proceeding nicely, we're not waiting 6 years like Winnipeg to sniff the playoffs, or suffering eternal torments like Carolina.

Teams are primarily lead by their core players in their peak years, 24-29 or so, and supplanted by a few veterans who help to steady the fort. Our core young players are probably 2-3 years away from that point except for Couts.

I don't take leadership on the field (ice) that seriously unless a team is dysfunctional, most of the time talent will out, where leadership matters more is teaching young players how to be professional, from training to watching film to practicing like you want to play. Culture matters, and leaders create and maintain a winning culture. Once you hit the ice, leadership is more about setting a tone.

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
I figured we could make it's own thread for this. From what i've seen...

Ghost was fully healthy.
Voracek was fully healthy.
Provorov had a Grade 3 AC Joint Sprain that would keep him out 6-8 weeks during the season.
Neuvirth is having his hip scoped.

I fully expect Neuvirth to get injured having his scope.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Some wouldn't get that chance if I was running that show. Flyer fans around the world would love the product on the ice and we would take no prisoners and take no ****.

giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Well, I hope he's got a trainer lined up, after two summers where he couldn't really work out, this is his chance to build a man's body. Especially building up his core, so he can handle traffic in front of the net - if he can hold his ground with those great hands he can score a lot of "trash" goals.

Reactions: trostol

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Well, I hope he's got a trainer lined up, after two summers where he couldn't really work out, this is his chance to build a man's body. Especially building up his core, so he can handle traffic in front of the net - if he can hold his ground with those great hands he can score a lot of "trash" goals.

I like that he specifically mentioned shooting.

Reactions: Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Manning will play somewhere next year, he's not nearly as bad as people suggest he is around here, actually a good offensive defenseman (though his scoring was inflated by the scheme), and is willing to be physical, just lacks good athleticism and makes some shaky decisions.

Your basic 3rd pair D-guy who'd be decent if you pair him with the right partner, Gudas wasn't that guy.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
NO... just no... bringing back Manning is the tippin point that basicly ****s everything..

do not do it Hexy...

if he resigns Meatpig, Haktard will slot him right back into the main roster for 82 games. . and thats a fact

Also, every time I scroll up and see your post, I read it as "slop him right back into the main roster" - perhaps because it comes after Meatpig or because he is a sloppy mess on the ice. Or both

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meh, Morin is slotted for 3rd pair LHD (if he can stay healthy, if not, you might NEED Manning).
And Manning really isn't a RHD, so if he returned it would be like the start of this season, the 7th D-man.

The real issue is who is going to play RHD. Ghost, MacDonald, Gudas, Hagg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad