Post-Game Talk: Exhale (Habs win, losing streak ends)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'd do that. But not sure the Flyers would.

Who from our prospect pool do you consider a B+?

Problem is Flyers have a ton of their own prospects. They'd probably want someone who can play in their lineup right away. But we don't have a lot of NHL depth upfront. We lose 2 guys and all of the sudden Cousins is a top 6 forward.

Reactions: 26Mats

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Leafs lose we win... all is right in habs land

EXTEND THE BINNN MAN!!!!
Winning feels good mang

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
If they win every 9th game nobody can reproach them not trying to make the playoffs.

I guess Bergevin is all good now. Sigh...

Reactions: Tighthead

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Id just like to let you guys know that Matthew Peca was the answer in the room

images

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
All in all we've played a very good game. But again, we've come a one Jordan Eberle's shot away from blowing this one away again. Is it really necessary to forecheck and pinch so aggressively with a 3-0 lead in the third period?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I think this is a beginning of a mighty 2 game point streak. Habs need moar Peca, less Hudon and even less Kinkaid. Marc Bergevin did it again. That's depp!!!

Reactions: Doc McKenna

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Oh look, we win and there’s 6 pages.......

There’s nothing to talk about. They won. So what? What do you want to discus? How this win will mean absolutely nothing in the spring? What players played an exciting game? They were better off losing a few more so some heads can finally start rolling.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
There’s nothing to talk about. They won. So what? What do you want to discus? How this win will mean absolutely nothing in the spring? What players played an exciting game? They were better off losing a few more so some heads can finally start rolling.

I definitely wanted us to lose so heads will roll.

But i found last night's game, and our pre-losing streak beginning of the season interesting. They show that Bergevin's plan has some potential, but he's just not able to make it fully happen. I mean, as I've posted many times, if only he had signed a couple of Brassard, Nyquist, Dzingle, MoJo, Perron, Duclair, we'd have much better offensive depth in general, and in particular be much better able to deal with the Drouin and Byron losses. But his over reliance on grinders caused him to pass on these players. And that makes all the difference.

Plus I knew if we got Skinner for a 2nd, if he did well and asked for too much money we could flip him for an LD. Now we really don't have the assets to get one. Another big missed opportunity.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Romanov, Brook, Fleury, maybe Ylonen

If the Flyers trade Ghost for a 2nd and a prospect, they're going to want a prospect that will be good in the future. Otherwise why do the deal? So we have to lose a future top 4 D or get into this game of trying to find a prospect we're low on and they're high on. Unlikely.

But I think they're looking to get a roster player, in particular a top 6 forward for Ghost.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Explains why your pissed :laugh:

sooooooo........
giphy.gif

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
But if we win one more, then we 2nd in the division.....does this mean Toronto, Buffalo and Florida also have no plan??

If we had one more win we would be….14th in the NHL
But we didn't get one more wins…..so we're 19th in the NHL
If Tampa, NYR and Nashville win their games in hand, then we will 22nd in the league.

I guess this call for a celebration.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Is it weird that Hudon played 8 games this season….8 straight loss.
Take him out of the line-up = Win.

He must not feel really good right now and i think it's the last time we saw Hudon in Montreal.

Reactions: jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad