Post-Game Talk: Exhale (Habs win, losing streak ends)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If we had one more win we would be….14th in the NHL
But we didn't get one more wins…..so we're 19th in the NHL
If Tampa, NYR and Nashville win their games in hand, then we will 22nd in the league.

I guess this call for a celebration.

So drawing conclusions in early December is probably ridiculous you concur??

unless you believe these aforementioned teams have everything locked into place.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Nice win I guess. Didn't get to see but about 10 minutes that the Isles looked dominant. Could somebody give me a summary? Thanks in advance.

Dey play ard, shoot da puck, had da puck luck.

Sorry... I didn't watch the game, only the highlights. Looked like Habs almost let this one slip away as well.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Enfin une victoire du Canadien: «Ce n'était qu'une question de temps», selon Claude Julien

I guess that's the plan, if you wait long enough a win will come. People can be so impatient.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Dey play ard, shoot da puck, had da puck luck.

Sorry... I didn't watch the game, only the highlights. Looked like Habs almost let this one slip away as well.

Okay. LOL

So nothing's changed. If they make the playoffs on Carey Price's coattails then anything can happen?

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
So, "Anything can happen" is on again?

Version 1-
Yeah man. 10-12 losses in a row would have had some house-burning articles out in the media, but that'll be for another time. Long live Bergevin, the King of Mediocrity and 9th Place Finishes. We'll be out in the 1st or 2nd round anyways.

Version 2-
Well yeah, if was never truly out of the question. There's still a chance management finds, somewhere in the office, a set of balls to use in making a trade for a decent LHD. Primeau might also be better than Kinkaid which could help winning games.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
So Habs win, Leafs lose. Habs move ahead of Leafs and are 2 pts from a WC spot and 1 pt from being in the Top-3 in the division.
Yeah someone want to explain to me how we can lose 8 in a row and still be sitting where we are? LOL image if we had just gone .500 during that span...I would also like an explanation as to how a team can be so bad defensively, then turn it around 180 and play sound defensive hockey against one of the better teams in the league? Mind boggling...who are the real Montreal Canadiens?

Reactions: 1909

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Peca >>>>>>>>> Hudon

I wanted to see Hudon make a difference in what will probably be his last call up, and he failed to impress me at all.

A good player but falls into skill level between the AHL < Hudon < NHL.

Not much value but a throw in to a team starving for some skill with a long injury list at some point.

I think he's ready for a chance of scenery too.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Okay. LOL

So nothing's changed. If they make the playoffs on Carey Price's coattails then anything can happen?
Well we were well on our way to missing the playoffs on Carey’s coattails so it’s only fitting that he makes a few saves and allowing us to win in a game where we dominated on shots and scoring chances.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Well we were well on our way to missing the playoffs on Carey’s coattails so it’s only fitting that he makes a few saves and allowing us to win in a game where we dominated on shots and scoring chances.

Price has stolen his fair share of games. I'd say he has been a little "leaky" lately but there were some goals where the overall team D was "leakier". I can't blame this team's results on Price. He bails them out more often than not. I don't know the mental challenge it must be to go out on the ice as a goaltender playing in front of this group but it has to be pretty overwhelming at times.

Reactions: jaffy27

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
All in all we've played a very good game. But again, we've come a one Jordan Eberle's shot away from blowing this one away again. Is it really necessary to forecheck and pinch so aggressively with a 3-0 lead in the third period?
I think the idea is that hopefully we can keep it in their end, cause lord knows everytime we sit on leads and play not to lose...we do. They can't score if they aren't in our end..but yeah I see the problem with that as well.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The holes look like Gargantuan when you’re on a 8 game winless streak.

A 1st line LW, and a top LHD is what they lack, certainly sone size at the fwds.....they missing this, yet here they are, 1pt from being second in their division.

That's a weird way of saying they are 4th in the division. They are also 1 pt from being 6th with Tampa Bay of all teams with 3 games in hand. And 1 pt away from being 12th in the conference.

You're talking as if the Habs are having a good year. They really aren't, and if you think they're having a good year it's a great indicator about how much our standards have fallen.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
That's a weird way of saying they are 4th in the division. They are also 1 pt from being 6th with Tampa Bay of all teams with 3 games in hand. And 1 pt away from being 12th in the conference.

You're talking as if the Habs are having a good year. They really aren't, and if you think they're having a good year it's a great indicator about how much our standards have fallen.
If we 1pt from being 12th, that means Buffalo and Florida are 2pts of being 12th.....seems everyone is having a bad year!!

half the league is within 3pts of Montréal.....half the league is horribly built it would seem.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Price has stolen his fair share of games. I'd say he has been a little "leaky" lately but there were some goals where the overall team D was "leakier". I can't blame this team's results on Price. He bails them out more often than not. I don't know the mental challenge it must be to go out on the ice as a goaltender playing in front of this group but it has to be pretty overwhelming at times.
Price has stolen Jack this year!!!!

The D has been leaky but no less then the goalies.

No doubt we need help at D but it doesn’t take away the fact the the goalies have been mediocre so far

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Okay. LOL

Watch the games. Carey Price is one of the reasons they lose.

He did nothing special last night. He didnt have to.

Canadiens lead the league in shots on net and last I looked were 5th in overall scoring.

They have the offense this year. They need to stop pinching in so much on D and get decent goaltending.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Watch the games. Carey Price is one of the reasons they lose.

He did nothing special last night. He didnt have to.

Canadiens lead the league in shots on net and last I looked were 5th in overall scoring.

They have the offense this year. They need to stop pinching in so much on D and get decent goaltending.

I haven't watched as much lately. Not because they have been lousy but because of extenuating circumstances. In recent years I remember Price getting off to a slow start. I thought he got off to a much better start this year. As I posted elsewhere I think he has been a little leaky lately. But I recall some games where he stood on his head too. I think you are implying yourself the Habs are not playing team D by pinching too much so yeah Price should make some big saves but should he be expected to make all of them? IDK.

They have the offense this year at the expense of overall team D? Score more and give up more isn't a combo that usually works and I don't think it is all because of Carey Price.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I haven't watched as much lately. Not because they have been lousy but because of extenuating circumstances. In recent years I remember Price getting off to a slow start. I thought he got off to a much better start this year. As I posted elsewhere I think he has been a little leaky lately. But I recall some games where he stood on his head too. I think you are implying yourself the Habs are not playing team D by pinching too much so yeah Price should make some big saves but should he be expected to make all of them? IDK.

They have the offense this year at the expense of overall team D? Score more and give up more isn't a combo that usually works and I don't think it is all because of Carey Price.
He's "stood on his head" in maybe two games this year that I can recall. He's been average or below average in most of the other ones. Not what you would expect out of a "world class" goalie. He's only 32 still young by goalie standards.
No where did I imply it his fault alone Of course our D needs to shore up and stop pinching so much or backing into Price at times. But you combine a lot of goals with a "world class goalie and indeed it is a recipe for success to a degree.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Enfin une victoire du Canadien: «Ce n'était qu'une question de temps», selon Claude Julien

I guess that's the plan, if you wait long enough a win will come. People can be so impatient.
I’m getting to like .200 hockey!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad