Post-Game Talk: Exhale (Habs win, losing streak ends)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So, "Anything can happen" is on again?

Concurrently with:

The Blues were last in the regular season at one point last season.
No belief in windows.
Cap room for a third consecutive year.

Plus, the all too obvious classic ...

sXRxGH6.gif

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The habs beat Washington and the Islanders but lose to pond scum teams like New Jersey and Ottawa.Think about that for a moment.
Every lousy team in the league gets a few wins against top teams.

They sometimes take the lousy teams lightly, use their back up goalie, have a off night , lose a by goal.....etc etc etc

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Every lousy team in the league gets a few wins against top teams.

They sometimes take the lousy teams lightly, use their back up goalie, have a off night , lose a by goal.....etc etc etc
The Isles played a back to back and were clearly only going at half throttle(I watched all of it) and only really turned it on late in the third. I remember making the remark that they looked like they partied the night before. We are getting the Avs on the second half of a back to back as well, we should win these types of games but I am a "hater" so you can overlook me Paul.:laugh:

Reactions: Pickles and Rapala

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Norman Flynn tonight on AC and Benoit Brunet on a prior AC show earlier this week, have both leveled Max Domi. I'll reprise their comments in the Domi thread.

Looking like AC is on a rampage about Domi. I believe there were other scathing comments about Domi in past weeks.

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We won, so I thought there might be a PC today. Strike while the iron is hot lol
Posters are already taking shots at the Leafs lol, I truly don't understand this place most of the time. We just lost 8 straight and tomorrow we get to face a buzzsaw of a team that might be a top contender for the cup. Weal, Cousins, Thompson and Kulak will have to really bring it if we are to have any shot at winning tomorrow.

Reactions: Rapala

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Posters are already taking shots at the Leafs lol, I truly don't understand this place most of the time. We just lost 8 straight and tomorrow we get to face a buzzsaw of a team that might be a top contender for the cup. Weal, Cousins, Thompson and Kulak will have to really bring it if we are to have any shot at winning tomorrow.
The COL@TOR matchup earlier tonight was the first full NHL game I saw this season. I usually tune into random ones and and there, but always get bored and quit watching. Couldn't stop tonight though. It was a very well played game by both teams. TOR lost it on one blunder by Spezza on the PP, but if they continue playing like they did tonight they'll win a lot more than they'll lose.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Some posters remind me of those beta apes that get bullied by the alpha, and then go on to bully someone lower in the hierachy. Displaced anger, they call it. The primatologists, I mean.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Some posters remind me of those beta apes that get bullied by the alpha, and then go on to bully someone lower in the hierachy. Displaced anger, they call it. The primatologists, I mean.

What hierarchy is that? We're all caught in a vortex of diminishing returns. Hence, we're all equally shooting ourselves in the foot before any type of bullying or anger even comes into play. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
How is it possible that we lose 30 games in a row and we still have a better record than the Maple Leafs

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The Isles played a back to back and were clearly only going at half throttle(I watched all of it) and only really turned it on late in the third. I remember making the remark that they looked like they partied the night before. We are getting the Avs on the second half of a back to back as well, we should win these types of games but I am a "hater" so you can overlook me Paul.:laugh:
LOL :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->