Ex GM: "If Habs can pull __ off this weekend, parade in Quebec"

Status
Not open for further replies.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I have to agree... even at $56 million I thought it was a stretch. He is good but not that good.
I would be suprised if the pens offered that much. You can't compete in a cap era with 3 7.5+ million guy. That 22and a half on 3 guys. 1/3 of your cap space.

If there's anything to this rumor, it would have to be moving up into the top 3 or top 5. Nothing else would warrant a parade. I shutter at the thought of what MB is offering to try and pull that off!

Well if getting VL and JB gives him the 4....that's just epic.

Jmac1160*

Well, it's sort of a unique circumstance. It's draft weekend, a pretty huge sounding rumor, and it comes from a "legitimate" source as per the site rules.

If you have any issues with the way I (or other Habs mods) moderate the site, shoot me a PM. No need to post that publicly.

Just asking if this is the new Ecklund thread is all.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Make the team slighty taller and more Quebecois while getting rid of all Europeans? :huh:

Bourque-Lecavalier-Clowe
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Perron
Galchenyuk-Brassard-Prust
Dumont-Boyle-Bordeleau

Letang-Gorges
Subban-Vlasic
Drewiskie-Boullion

Price
Birion

Plan the uhh, parade?

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
I think Perron can be had for a defenseman, they have too many wingers and lack depth in the backend. I don't know if this qualifies as parade worthy though.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Anyways,until Ecko gives some details,im done with this thread....it so generic it could be said for most all NhL gm's this weekend......

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I think Perron can be had for a defenseman, they have too many wingers and lack depth in the backend. I don't know if this qualifies as parade worthy though.

On a serious note Perron is more complete than Ryder, but it's not like we are stacked with quality defensemen worth trading for him.

Jmac1160*

sorry this is off topic but I just seen Corey Crawford at the parade and man oh man was he ever plastered drunk

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I believe it is very realistic, i don't know if i'd do it though.

How is Bishop worth, let alone Price, our #1 goaltender picked 5th overall and believed by many GMs to be a great goalie but ALSO Plekanec, one of the best 2nd line C in the league, if not one of the top 20-30 C in the league, AND a 1st rd pick over a 3rd round pick?

Impossible. The market for goalies is WAY lower than this. Look at past trades for goalies... NOWHERE near this.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
How is Bishop worth, let alone Price, our #1 goaltender picked 5th overall and believed by many GMs to be a great goalie but ALSO Plekanec, one of the best 2nd line C in the league, if not one of the top 20-30 C in the league, AND a 1st rd pick over a 3rd round pick?

Impossible. The market for goalies is WAY lower than this. Look at past trades for goalies... NOWHERE near this.

3rd overall i edited after.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
3rd overall i edited after.

Oh, totally different then... ;) I'd have to think about it. Not sure about Bishop... then again, as much as I like Price and have defended him, he's starting the feel a lot like Fleury to me.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Oh, totally different then... ;) I'd have to think about it. Not sure about Bishop... then again, as much as I like Price and have defended him, he's starting the feel a lot like Fleury to me.

I don't hate Price, i love him actualy, but i feel we've experimented a lot with him and think the situation might be getting a little out of hand, every GM (Gainey, Gauthier and Bergevin) had to come to his defence. And i made that trade because of the rumor, i was trying to make a realistic trade regarding the "parade in Quebec" taking the rumor about Plek earlier today into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad