Montreal, Quebec
Let me guess. They went back to where Hossa's gloves were and found:

- Vinny's helmet
- Drouin's skates
- Crosby's jockstrap
- White's long lost twin brother
- DD's one-way ticket to Calgary?

Is this real life?

Son of a gun, if there's one team dumb enough to take DD, it'd be Calgary. Brilliant.

Jmac1160*

Son of a gun, if there's one team dumb enough to take DD, it'd be Calgary. Brilliant.

And they would too seriously. Feaster is a jagoff. I live in Calgary and to behonest I have no clue as to why he still has a job. DD for a 2nd or 3rd I would be happy

Myron Gaines*

A small parade cost like 50,000
A big parade cost any where from $350,000. To 1 million ,dependin on how many floats and clowns and ballons etc
Bout tree fiddy?

hqdefault.jpg

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
It's Eklund... whatever.

For the record, of course I'd like Lecavalier, but not for more than 5 millions, and then one of Pleks or DD has to go. Or Gionto, but then you still have a logjam at C.

I don't see why that has to be. for fun:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gallagher
Max-VL-DD
Chucky-Eller-Gionta:sarcasm:
Moen-White-Prust

Pk-Tinordi
Gorges-Markov
Diaz-Bouillon

Obviously the d needs help but that could be a solid forward line up. Could use bigger grit on the 4th line but still not bad.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Hook line and sinker.

Hit me hit hit me one more time...

If the Habs can pull it off....well welcome to obvious land...hit counter goin cazy.

If the Habs can pull off winning a cup...Quebec will parade...e42

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Hahah, can't believe some of you are eating it up. Once a GM? A Habs source? So either Dudley or Carrière? As if they have time to feed stuff to Ek.

Only possibility of the guys on the possible trade market that would warrant a ''parade'' response would be Letang.

Trading key pieces then signing Letang to a $60M+ deal, that procession would not be a parade it would be the team funeral.

I hope MB keeps focused and stays the course, it's good to make upgrades but his own advice is what he should follow. Draft well, stay away from crippling long term contracts.

This is going to be like Y2K, mass hysteria and endless speculation until we realize nothing happened and we were all duped.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Trading key pieces then signing Letang to a $60M+ deal, that procession would not be a parade it would be the team funeral.

I hope MB keeps focused and stays the course, it's good to make upgrades but his own advice is what he should follow. Draft well, stay away from crippling long term contracts.

This is going to be like Y2K, mass hysteria and endless speculation until we realize nothing happened and we were all duped.

To me any team giving Letang 60 million will regret it. Good player and tops among PMD but c'mon. That over 8/year.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
Maybe the entire Montreal Canadiens team has figured out a way to go back in time and win the cup. Now that would be parade worthy! If time machines look like Stewie's from Family Guy, then I'm not entirely sure all of them will fit. Maybe if they sit DD on Gionta's shoulders... Yah that'll work! Definitely time machine...

Or maybe the entire team has decided to come out of the closet all at once and have the first ever hockey/gay pride parade down Ste-Catherine street. But then they'd have to close down most of the streets downtown and I won';t find parking... I'll take a Bixie! Yah, definitely a gay pride parade...

Or maybe Eklund is making sh** up... Nah, that would be disingenuous.

It's close, but I think I'll go time machine.

Jmac1160*

Remember, if you have a problem with the rumor being discussed, ignore it. It's as simple as that.

funny how if anyone else would have posted this it would have got moved. what happened to the ecklund thread? is this the start of a new one?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
funny how if anyone else would have posted this it would have got moved. what happened to the ecklund thread? is this the start of a new one?

Well, it's sort of a unique circumstance. It's draft weekend, a pretty huge sounding rumor, and it comes from a "legitimate" source as per the site rules.

If you have any issues with the way I (or other Habs mods) moderate the site, shoot me a PM. No need to post that publicly.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
If there's anything to this rumor, it would have to be moving up into the top 3 or top 5. Nothing else would warrant a parade. I shutter at the thought of what MB is offering to try and pull that off!

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I don't see why that has to be. for fun:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gallagher
Max-VL-DD
Chucky-Eller-Gionta:sarcasm:
Moen-White-Prust

Pk-Tinordi
Gorges-Markov
Diaz-Bouillon

Obviously the d needs help but that could be a solid forward line up. Could use bigger grit on the 4th line but still not bad.

I really, REALLY don't see DD being better at wing than center... he has vision and passing. Why woud you expect him to win races against defensemen and go in the corners to win battles?

EDIT and salary.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Since everyone knows how Eklund is not really reliable, there's not harm discussing what he says when we're heading to a pretty big week-end.

Some really exciting days are coming boys (and girls)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad