Former Bruins EX Bruins Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I watched. Looked the same as he did here. Centered fourth line and his speed seems to be a little less glaring in the middle but he seems like he’s toast..was terrible at the dot too

Yeah he looked like vintage Bruins Backes. That said, he looked better with the Ducks because they don't play the same style of game as the Bruins- he is a better fit there and once he gets his legs going (if he has any left LOL) he ought to be okay in the 4C role for them.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He led the Bruins in hits in his first year here. He had 225 in 74 games, second was McQuaid with 157 in 77 and then Chara with 130 in 75.

But sure...too funny...:thumbd:
I'm impressed by those stats, you must of spend some serious time trying to find that impressive achievement.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I watched. Looked the same as he did here. Centered fourth line and his speed seems to be a little less glaring in the middle but he seems like he’s toast..was terrible at the dot too

Wait, wait. I thought it was determined that Backes couldn't play in the middle anymore.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
IDK what they hell happened to Heinen, but he suddenly is shooting the puck a lot more.

w/BOS - 1.5 S/GP
w/ANH - 2.4 S/GP

To put that in perspective. He had 90SOG in 58 games with Boston this year. If you take his S/GP in ANH and stretch it over 58 games, it comes out to 139SOG. A delta of an extra 49SOG. With a 7.8 S% in Boston this year, those extra 49 SOG would have been worth about 4 more goals.

Reactions: HustleB

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
IDK what they hell happened to Heinen, but he suddenly is shooting the puck a lot more.

w/BOS - 1.5 S/GP
w/ANH - 2.4 S/GP

To put that in perspective. He had 90SOG in 58 games with Boston this year. If you take his S/GP in ANH and stretch it over 58 games, it comes out to 139SOG. A delta of an extra 49SOG. With a 7.8 S% in Boston this year, those extra 49 SOG would have been worth about 4 more goals.

he is playing with future all of famer getzlaf.

False Start

May 8, 2018

w/BOS - 1.5 S/GP
w/ANH - 2.4 S/GP

He's playing over 3 more minutes per game.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Probably the trade woke Danton up, that's all. He knows internally what he's gotta do to make a good first impression with Anaheim. At least, that's my guess

I always felt that he might've had more success here, offensively, if he just shot the puck a lot more.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Probably the trade woke Danton up, that's all. He knows internally what he's gotta do to make a good first impression with Anaheim. At least, that's my guess

I always felt that he might've had more success here, offensively, if he just shot the puck a lot more.

Could be. There are just so many variables. Linemates, locker room dynamic, team systems / style of play, lack of pressure since they arent making the playoffs etc.

Wishing him the best. If he can get to 15 goals consistently, he'll be a valuable player in the league with everything else he does.

Reactions: ChuckSurette

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Donato is on a nice 5 points (3 goals) in 5 games streak. I haven't seen him play. Maybe new coach is a factor. Maybe just a lucky streak.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Boy Backes sure hits his head against the ice there. Hope he’s ok, but boy would I be having serious thoughts about my future. He’s not going to win a Cup in Anaheim and if he keeps getting his head cranked like this I’m not sure he makes it to next years TDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad