Former Bruins EX Bruins Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
For those of us who aren't smart, what does this relate to? Corsi? And are those numbers good or bad?

legitimately asking

shot attempts for, shot attempts against.

It was 9 for, 16 against. Not good, but the Ducks are also bad.

Reactions: Krupp

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Meh. I'm sure the shittiness of the Ducks had something to do with that. Heinen's not gonna turn that team around alone

Heinen played with Henrique and for some reason an AHLer on the other side in Kiefer Sherwood.

As well got murdered by the McDavid line.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
As stated above - No Backes - Heinen with Adam Henrique and AHL'er Keifer Sherwood. I only saw the first 2 periods, bummed I missed the tic-tac play on the goal. He will get some ice time in Anaheim.

I wonder if he ends up with Henrique and Backes??

Shame they would trade out on AHLer as the 3rd player on that line for another AHLer

Reactions: LouJersey

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
For those of us who aren't smart, what does this relate to? Corsi? And are those numbers good or bad?

legitimately asking

Terrible. It means there were double shots against his line than shots for (at even strength).

Mind you, corsi considers shots on goal, blocked and misses.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
He did and it did not look good. He could be out for a while. I kind of feel for Backes and Danton a little bit. That Ducks team is in awful shape right now.
Yeah, I mean, as much as "it's a business," I can see where it would be a bit demoralizing to go from the first place team with a fantastic culture to a brand new team that is... not in first place. At least Heinen has a familiar face in Backes.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
One game. But just for kicks read through the GDT for the Ducks game last night. Prior to the Assist, more than a few comments about DH being soft on puck and losing battles. Might as well have been reading a Bruins GDT to be honest.

He has the talent. He certainly has the IQ. He is certainly understands and can play the 200 foot game. Not sure if he has the confidence. I don't know why the apparent compete level isn't there.

It's sort of like an introvert and an extrovert. No one is going to magically change an introvert into the most outgoing and engaging person in the room. However, there are millions of introverts around the world who engage, lead, take charge and actively participate on the big stage. It may not be Heinen's nature to be dogged and persistent but no one is asking him to drop gloves with Reeves. Just win/not lose pucks. He's a nice kid -- I hope the kid get's that that is why he was deemed a piece the B's could afford to trade.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
One game. But just for kicks read through the GDT for the Ducks game last night. Prior to the Assist, more than a few comments about DH being soft on puck and losing battles. Might as well have been reading a Bruins GDT to be honest.

He has the talent. He certainly has the IQ. He is certainly understands and can play the 200 foot game. Not sure if he has the confidence. I don't know why the apparent compete level isn't there.

It's sort of like an introvert and an extrovert. No one is going to magically change an introvert into the most outgoing and engaging person in the room. However, there are millions of introverts around the world who engage, lead, take charge and actively participate on the big stage. It may not be Heinen's nature to be dogged and persistent but no one is asking him to drop gloves with Reeves. Just win/not lose pucks. He's a nice kid -- I hope the kid get's that that is why he was deemed a piece the B's could afford to trade.

I sometimes wonder if it's to do with how undersized he was growing up. He's got decent size now, but I remember reading he was quite small leading up to his original draft eligible year (the famous story of Sweeney or Scott Bradley or whoever noticing his dad's huge mitts when they were scouting him lol). Maybe he can't shake the mentality that he's an undersized forward who isn't going to win a lot of pucks in the dirty areas. Who knows. He definitely plays smaller than he is though.

Nevertheless, I've been big a fan of his game for a while now and I hope he gains some confidence with the Ducks. I'm not unhappy with the deal because I do think his play and value was dropping rapidly this year and he wasn't going to be able to reverse course in this situation. Seems like a great guy, never complained and he was clearly well liked in the room. Wish him nothing but the best in his career.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I sometimes wonder if it's to do with how undersized he was growing up. He's got decent size now, but I remember reading he was quite small leading up to his original draft eligible year (the famous story of Sweeney or Scott Bradley or whoever noticing his dad's huge mitts when they were scouting him lol). Maybe he can't shake the mentality that he's an undersized forward who isn't going to win a lot of pucks in the dirty areas. Who knows. He definitely plays smaller than he is though.

Nevertheless, I've been big a fan of his game for a while now and I hope he gains some confidence with the Ducks. I'm not unhappy with the deal because I do think his play and value was dropping rapidly this year and he wasn't going to be able to reverse course in this situation. Seems like a great guy, never complained and he was clearly well liked in the room. Wish him nothing but the best in his career.
Absolutely. Well said. There are players that leave Boston that I could less about. Heinen is definitely not one of those and I hope does well. Even if it makes the deal worse over time. All that matters is who is on your team now. Analyzing a player you traded doing poorly or very well is just Monday quarterbacking.

Heinen seems like a good guy and I wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad