Prospect Info: Evgeny Svechnikov

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
his injuries are an absolute shame, hope he can recover fully

ACL is no problem. He will be back at 100%...i imagine it does take a bit longer than with football players, for example, since the skating has to basically be relearned for that knee

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
ACL is no problem. He will be back at 100%...i imagine it does take a bit longer than with football players, for example, since the skating has to basically be relearned for that knee

im more worried about his development being permanently hurt by the injuries during these younger years

Reactions: kliq

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I have been told by players, while obviously you would like to avoid this but some of the leg breaks instead of the knee worries hockey players more. Sort of the opposite of Football assuming it isn't Joe Theismann or what Alex Smith did in terms of a compound fracture. Though I am stunned to see Trocheck back this quickly. Still it is what I have heard when this subject has come up is that yes you never want this but most guys will say they would rather have the knee than crack one of the bones. I think it is the amount of underwater work you can do on the knee rehab wise whereas the break just flat out stops your work outs in terms of some of the guys logic...

I just am bummed because it looked like that summer work out schedule with his brother produced the half of step he needed to stick. I liked what I had seen in the pre-season and thought he could be a third line contributor. But he also makes it easier to move on from guys in a 30 odd days here if he continued to show his progress. I still believe in him but he has had a tough couple years. Really hope we see a guy that is similarly ready the next time we do see him.

SlickHands

Apr 11, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
im more worried about his development being permanently hurt by the injuries during these younger years

This. Really hard to be missing this much time at this point in his career and still develop some of the skills/strength/ etc that he needs to make it to the league. I still hope he becomes a regular though.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017

i wouldn't be worried too much. two years ago he already was almost NHL ready when he had his great AHL rookie season. Its a bump in the road, but i'm pretty sure he'll be in detroit next season and playing like he was this preseason. With these injury riddled years, he will maybe peak a little bit later

there are roster spots open on the wings next season, and with his determination he will get one.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Any news about him?

Berggren training was going well, how about Evgeny?

In Ken Holland's old words:

"This feels like a trade deadline acquisition, when player named xxx comes back from long-term injury." :)

Like, we have added Hirose and we could have Svechnikov ready to jump back in. Just more and more youth knocking on the door.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Why do you hate yourself so much then?

I don't think he has ever written a negative word about AA.

Honestly for those having a problem with that, I appreciate that kind of fandom. I certainly latched on to Lidstrom that way from the pre-season of his rookie year. I don't think buying in on the ground level could have gone any better, Brendan Smith was my yin and yang to that situation as payback I guess.:laugh:

Still there is something to be said for picking a guy on your team and buying in. Unless it was a Who's your Tiger moment and you choose Robert Fick or something.

giphy.gif

I am curious to see where Svechnikov fits right now, excited to see him in camp. It was a difficult injury, but I really did think he looked better last pre-season that the off-season of training with his brother helped and I am guessing they are training again. At some point through line juggling he might get chance with AA, perhaps he can be his heavy forechecker and free some space for him. He might be taking longer and I know there is bust feel here as well, but I still believe in parts of Svechnikov's game for sure.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
He pretty much has 40 NHL games ag this point to make if break his NHL career.

Sad but it's true. Another season removed from the league will not serve him well.

Get healthy
Get fit
Be motivated

I think if he can do that he will be here all season

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
Still think Svech will be an NHL player for Detroit. His game is a lot more than just points. I’ve seen maybe 30 times the past couple years, he is a horse on the boards and has enough strength to battle hard in front of the net. I really like the idea of putting him on a line with AA. It’s a shame his injury happened. I wonder if him and Zadina can build some chemistry with a decent two way centerman between them.

Reactions: avssuc

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Still think Svech will be an NHL player for Detroit. His game is a lot more than just points. I’ve seen maybe 30 times the past couple years, he is a horse on the boards and has enough strength to battle hard in front of the net. I really like the idea of putting him on a line with AA. It’s a shame his injury happened. I wonder if him and Zadina can build some chemistry with a decent two way centerman between them.

Oh if only Turcotte would fall to us.

Mantha - Larkin - Bertuzzi
Zadina - Turcotte - Svech/Ras
AA - Veleno - Svech/Ras

That is a damn good top 9 at some point, or you flip a few things bank on Hirose/Berggren for more skill and get a d-man while shipping a AA or Svech/Ras at some point. Still you look at that and think okay, we can score and we should have the other teams full attention again for the first time in a while.

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019
Oh if only Turcotte would fall to us.

Mantha - Larkin - Bertuzzi
Zadina - Turcotte - Svech/Ras
AA - Veleno - Svech/Ras

That is a damn good top 9 at some point, or you flip a few things bank on Hirose/Berggren for more skill and get a d-man while shipping a AA or Svech/Ras at some point. Still you look at that and think okay, we can score and we should have the other teams full attention again for the first time in a while.
We really just need a center and then once the kids are ready to play, the front end of our lineup looks really good

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We really just need a center and then once the kids are ready to play, the front end of our lineup looks really good

Honestly Dach would give us a right handed playmaking center. I just cannot imagine playing Larkin - Turcotte - Veleno down the middle in a series. It would be a nightmare, as they are all two-way responsible guys that drive play with direct speed. It would be like a wave down the middle crashing against you over and over.

Reactions: LazyT

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Larkin posted a video on Instagram with Svechnikov helping out at his youth hockey camp. Not much to it but it’s good to see Svechnikov skating

He needs a big summer and training camp

Reactions: Winger98

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Larkin posted a video on Instagram with Svechnikov helping out at his youth hockey camp. Not much to it but it’s good to see Svechnikov skating

He needs a big summer and training camp

I’ve seen a number of posts from Larkin with Geno. I feel like they are pretty close. I’d love to hear that Evgeny is part of that group; Larkin, AA, Mantha, and Bert. I’ve run into Geno a handful of times, and he just seems as genuine as they come. I’d love to see him find success here, but if not here, I hope he finds success somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad