Prospect Info: Evgeny Svechnikov

Discussion in 'Detroit Red Wings' started by turkleton85, Oct 11, 2018.

1. We're experiencing extreme server load post migration. Search has been disabled while they attempt to resolve the issues. POSTING NOTE: IF YOU POST AND IT TIMES OUT, REFESH THE PAGE AND THE POST WILL BE THERE. IF YOU HIT THE POST BUTTON AGAIN IT WILL CREATE A DOUBLE POST.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. turkleton85

turkleton85 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    i think so as well. His offensive talent in juniors and in the AHL were on display, i just think he was overthinking the game at one point

lilidk likes this.
  2. The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era The Captain is Home!

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    We will have to wait and see how he comes off the knee. He looked ready for the next step to me in the pre-season before the injury and a little better in the skating department.

I think the fact he is going to train with an elite player every off-season is going to help. He looked to make big gains this summer when training with his brother. I think Svech still looks like a good 3rd line forward to me. He plays hard and he plays through people. He is rounding out his game nicely. I am not sure there is tons of offensive upside but I like him as a player. He plays the right way a lot when I watch him, but we will have to see how he comes off this injury.

3. Mijatovic

Mijatovic Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Engineer
    Im blown away anyone would consider an ACL return this year. Australian Football players who do ACLs are out min 10 months. Though they have a lot more change in direction on testing ACL joints.

4. Henkka

Henkka Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Top Secret
    They trained really hard with his brother on last summer. Too bad we didn't see those results yet.

Physical weaknesses are easiest to fix. Just work work work. I wouldn't worry about them.

5. InjuredChoker

InjuredChoker Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    skating isn't as bad for ACL as running with COD but his season is still probably over. parise came back in 5 months when he tore his ACL back in '10-'11 but he obviously wasn't his normal self. and it was just one game as iirc, devils were eliminated in the playoffs after that. maybe he could play in the AHL if griffins season extends long enough.

6. NEWing

NEWing Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Unfortunately, it was an ACL/MCL injury. MCL is important for lateral stability.

His skating was an issue before the injury, and this will be another hurdle that will be difficult for him to over come.

Axel has never reached his potential as a result.

7. Winger98

Winger98 Moderator

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I don't have any high hopes for the kid to come back from this knee injury. I think he could still be an NHLer, but he's going to miss on a whole year of development time here plus coming back from the physical drawbacks of the injury itself.

Seen crazier things, though. Still remember Chelios coming back from knee reconstruction in three months.

8. The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era The Captain is Home!

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I am not counting on him playing again this year. However, an ACL injury isn't a death sentence in this day and age.

The injury could be very bad, however we will have to wait to see what he looks like next year. Even if he does make it back for the tail-end of this season, I don't think it would be wise judging him then.

9. Frk It

Frk It From Z to Z

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I thought he was starting to look pretty comfortable and solid in the NHL in the spring last year. Had 3 pts in his last 3 NHL games despite limited minutes. Looked like he was growing into a possible middle 6 winger, still wouldn’t rule that out entirely.

Some bad luck for the kid, hopefully he is able to come back and train well going into next year.

10. Sir Savage the 21st

Sir Savage the 21st Oy Mate, you having a giggle?

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Maybw his time as being considered a core piece moving forward, but if we kept Frk along in the system for two years longer after being drafted than Svech has now, I dont think they’ll be quick to get rid of his rights

11. CaptainZetterberg40

CaptainZetterberg40 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I felt bad for the guy when I heard of his injury, based on his interviews he intensely worked hard to prepare for this season. While I'm not sure what level of a player he will be in his prime, I do know that many a players began their career at their age 23 season. I often have him penciled in my mind as a solid 3rd liner with 2nd line possibility. And you know what, that's not bad. The notion that time is running out for him doesn't really cross my mind. Heck, Datsyuk started his career at 23 (disclaimer: he will never be Datsyuk). Plus with the transition we're going through, next season will bring opportunity for him to play just the same this season has for others. I do know one thing for sure, even if he could come back at let's say the last month or so of the season, I wouldn't play him. There wouldn't be much of a reward in playing with what will be a pretty bad team when he could risk tweaking his knee. I just want him to be a student of the game between now and next season.

12. DATSOMATIC13

DATSOMATIC13 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    SPY/Secret Agent & animal rescue
    When (not if) he comes back, let him play in GR til he looks like he's in '19 preseason form. Then call him up & reward him for his hard work/courage/determination. That'll go a long way. This kid is a fighter, battling injuries/obstacles. Have him going into the summer on a high note with 10+ games in the NHL. We'll probably need the bodies if/when Nyquist is traded. That stint would go a long way in his mind & throughout the offseason. He'll probably be a 3rd line W next season, and possibly crack the Top 6 a year or two after that.

Nightmare on Helm St likes this.
  13. Winger98

Winger98 Moderator

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Someone above was saying it was an ACL/MCL; did he tear one or both? Clearly, I like his chances more if it was one and not both. Also, agree about the injury itself not being a death sentence, but it's losing the development time that I think will be difficult on top of the injury. I do think there comes a point where a player loses the ability to maximize his abilities, and where it becomes more about grinding the rough edges off the player that he is.

14. Henkka

Henkka Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Top Secret
    I think we'll see ~10 AHL games + AHL playoff run from him still at this season.

Could see NHL icetime... why not, there's no roster limit after trade deadline and he is not healthy before that.

15. InjuredChoker

InjuredChoker Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    MCL's heal relatively quickly and often don't even need surgery. his MCL should be fine by now, though the ACL rehab has a long way to go.

16. Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Fil Larkmanthanasiou Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    He had one bad year and it seems most (even Wings' brass as he got much less ice-time than other prospects in the preseason) are giving up on him. He was much more productive in his rookie season with the Griffs than AA or Mantha were and he provides a physical element to his game that other Wings' top prospects and ypoung guns don't.

17. Nightmare on Helm St

Nightmare on Helm St Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Supply Economist
    I still think this kid is going to be good. He has always struck be as a 25-25 guy, and I think he can still do that. He looked great in the preseason, and he still brings a physical presence that most of our prospects do not.

If he can make it back this season, I’d love so see him ride shotgun with Larkin and Zadina for the last 3-4 games of the season.

Tiesgo2vets likes this.
  18. turkleton85

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000

he should not see NHL time after this injury. you might be back and able to play after 5 or 6 months, but trusting your body completely again and beeing able of the things you were before, that takes a little bit longer. Since he is basically still a prospect, have patience.

19. Voodoo Glow Skulls

Voodoo Glow Skulls Formerly Vatican Roulette Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    If he makes it, I see him in the mold of Bertuzzi, only a bit bigger.

20. Steve Yzerlland

Steve Yzerlland Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I believe in him still as well.

21. Killerjas

Killerjas Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I don't want to give up on Yevgeni, but next year will be his make it or break it year.

22. Henkka

Henkka Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Top Secret
    Pretty much this. Team identity guy. Tough and dirty SOB, goes on hard areas.

Nightmare on Helm St likes this.
  23. Reddwit

Reddwit Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I think it has less to do with the bad statistical year and more to do with the injuries that have cost him valuable development time and could hinder him physically going forward.

Also, he was pretty hyped up for his skill. I remember some calling his moves Datsyukian at times and yet we’ve barely seen that at the pro level. Him being one of our higher picks doesnt help either. Wouldn’t consider him a key prospect going forward.

24. Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Fil Larkmanthanasiou Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
  25. turkleton85

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000

fantastic, now heal up and work hard for next season!