Prospect Info: Evgeny Svechnikov

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I see him playing at Red Wings Bottom6.

Even though Svechnikov is Russian, their family is quite based there on the States.

KHL maybe pays premium for skilled star players, but grinder like him will earn more in NHL 4th line.

Last edited:

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I don't think he will head overseas next year, but it will be his final chance I'd imagine. As long as he's given an actual chance to make the roster and play regularly I'd imagine he stays to play against his brother, parents can watch both kids on this side of the pond.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Svechnikov proably going to KHL.

Would be better for him on this Corona situation, if there's no place to play in North America.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Now is that just so he can play hockey due to the uncertainty of when any next season will start in NA?

Reactions: Henkka

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Now is that just so he can play hockey due to the uncertainty of when any next season will start in NA?

That seems like the question. Either his knee isn't responding and no one expects him to make a real go of an NHL career, or this is the best way to ensure he gets some games under his belt next year and he doesn't lose more development time than he already has.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I will believe it when I see it, but then again I am probably a cold war kid of sorts.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I'll be pissed we spent the season on Perlini and Timashov and Hirose and Erne and everyone but Svech.
What if he's a hardworking 12-20 goal third liner who helps a 2nd PP unit and we just buried him until he quit.

I don't understand this f***ing organization.
Svech has to prove it (and his advanced stats were pretty darn good. Nobody put more shots on goal than Svech). But we let other players suck donkey ass all f***ing year as we steamroll to the worst season in franchise history.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
I'll be pissed we spent the season on Perlini and Timashov and Hirose and Erne and everyone but Svech.
What if he's a hardworking 12-20 goal third liner who helps a 2nd PP unit and we just buried him until he quit.

I don't understand this f***ing organization.
Svech has to prove it (and his advanced stats were pretty darn good. Nobody put more shots on goal than Svech). But we let other players suck donkey ass all f***ing year as we steamroll to the worst season in franchise history.

Its called a tank. You keep putting out the worst product you can.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Its called a tank. You keep putting out the worst product you can.

Part of a tank is playing young players over their head, usually.
For whatever reason, despite having our own unproductive 23-year-old, Yzerman and Holland decided to corner the market on iffy 23-year-old wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad