Blue Jays Discussion: Everyone's hurt, but some are starting to make returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
The Blue Jays had their first home rainout in 32 years today. The last came on May 7, 1989. It coincidentally was also against the Angels. In 1989, the Blue Jays moved into what is now Rogers Centre, but it wasn't ready at the start of 1989. They had to start the season at Exhibition Stadium. The Blue Jays opened their new retractable roof stadium on June 5 against the Brewers. The May 7 game against the Angels, intended to be played in Exhibition Stadium, was instead made up in the new stadium on July 17, the only time what is now Rogers Centre staged a doubleheader.

Jays game in 2018 was cancelled in 2018 after a rain/ice storm where they couldn't close the dome.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Did anyone just see that non revere call in the braves game ...im like what the f***. How do they miss that OUT? MLB is such trash sometimes. Sorry no link yet.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Surprised they chose Payamps. Milone is about the same and just threw 3 innings so probably not good to go tonight. With Roark in the pen I also probably would have ditched them both instead of Espinal too

Reactions: Anthrax442

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

Surprised they chose Payamps. Milone is about the same and just threw 3 innings so probably not good to go tonight. With Roark in the pen I also probably would have ditched them both instead of Espinal too

Milone can't be optioned, so optioning Payamps means they can keep both (same with Espinal vs, say, Panik).

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Good outing for Bob Rae. If Matz can keep up the quality starts then we may only need one pitcher at the deadline. Extremely ready to see Springer come back, seeing Semien get 1 pitch outs is infuriating.

Reactions: Anthrax442

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I knew what you meant and I agree, but I thought it was kinda funny that they scored 15 literally the last game they played.
I hadn’t paid much attention to stats because it’s so early but seeing the boys with the exception of Vladdy having such awful obp I didn’t realize how bad they’d been

Reactions: Discoverer

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
I hadn’t paid much attention to stats because it’s so early but seeing the boys with the exception of Vladdy having such awful obp I didn’t realize how bad they’d been
Vladdy really is going well - at the very least. Signs of Bo coming to life at times.

The rest are pretty meh or worse.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Vladdy really is going well - at the very least. Signs of Bo coming to life at times.

The rest are pretty meh or worse.

Grichuk's not a kid, but he's been good too.

For the rest of them it looks like high early strikeout rates are a big issue. most batters are striking out more frequently than normal though their limited # of PAs so far this season. You'd hope some of that should back off as they get comfortable. Though I would still probably be worried about Jansen, Hernandez, Rowdy, and maybe mildly Gurriel. Biggio I would also only worry if he stubbornly insists on sticking to his new more aggressive approach, because his intent to possibly ambush guys that take advantage of his patience to sneak strikes past him has only resulted in him swinging waaaay more than usual at bad pitches out of the zone. His old approach was fine for what it accomplished until such time as pitchers show they've adjusted to him.

I wanted to use Brooks Baseball for PitchFX data, but they don't appear to have 2021 content updated and in place yet. Everyone still lists as "not having seen/thrown a pitch in 2021"

Reactions: Welsh Maple Leaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad