Oct 27, 2009
Nothing bets Reddit;
m2vspy75e6s61.jpg

Reactions: TootooTrain

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario

David Phelps? Like the David Phelps that had a terrible 2020, a bad spring, and 4 good innings so far this year?

I mean relievers are voodoo and it's good to see him putting up zeros to start the year but are we sure that we'd rather have Phelps face the top of the order over Zeuch?

Reactions: hockeywiz542

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
David Phelps? Like the David Phelps that had a terrible 2020, a bad spring, and 4 good innings so far this year?

I mean relievers are voodoo and it's good to see him putting up zeros to start the year but are we sure that we'd rather have Phelps face the top of the order over Zeuch?

An opener is a good choice in this case. I would prefer someone else than Phelps but not sure if one is available.

On another note, very early but Hernandez has struck out almost half of the time and hasn't walked once. Only four Jays have a wRC+ higher than 100, Semien, Bo, Grichuk, and Vladdy. Strikeouts as a team have been very bad. Overall, the pitching has been very good even with Roark's start.

I would switch Vladdy and Hernandez in the lineup order.

Last edited:
Reactions: phillipmike

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Meh. If he was just trying to prove a point, why is he still cheating now that A) he proved his point, and B) the league literally warned everyone two weeks ago that they were going to start taking it more seriously?

I didn't say he was the smartest guy or not an asshole. He just proved the MLB to be ridiculous.

Now they're taking it out on him.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

Phelps had an excellent spring and then a bad final outing.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I didn't say he was the smartest guy or not an asshole. He just proved the MLB to be ridiculous.

Now they're taking it out on him.
If he was still cheating after calling attention to it, he kind of deserves what he gets. You can't make a big deal out of everyone breaking the rules and not expect that you should probably be the first one up to demonstrate that you're not also breaking that rule. Makes you look like a hypocrite.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Kluber with a rough outing today. He got lucky against the Jays. I don't think he will finish in the rotation with the Yanks.

Of all the targets people wanted the Jays to get, only Walker has been any good through the first 1-2 starts of the season.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Of all the targets people wanted the Jays to get, only Walker has been any good through the first 1-2 starts of the season.

Its really funny how that turned out. We wanted everyone from free agency and we got no one. We all rolled our eyes at getting Matz and he had the best start of the season for us.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Kyle Hendricks has been dealing and he was a rumoured target that people wanted.

I'm also confident Kluber will turn it around, stuff is still there and the Yankees D was pretty poor today.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Leafs and Sens play tomorrow at 3:30 AM PT according to that graphic. I better go to sleep now then :sarcasm:

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Kyle Hendricks has been dealing and he was a rumoured target that people wanted.

I'm also confident Kluber will turn it around, stuff is still there and the Yankees D was pretty poor today.

I mean specifically free agents, since we know approximately what it would have taken to sign them.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Short-handed, slumping Blue Jays fall to Angels as roster hits keep coming - Sportsnet.ca

It was already an unfortunate Friday for the Toronto Blue Jays, as news came down that Tyler Chatwood was headed to the 10-day injured list with right triceps inflammation, while Teoscar Hernandez and Ryan Borucki were being placed on the COVID-19 related injured list. Then the game began.

Just two innings in, the Blue Jays were already down four — on their way to a 7-1 defeat to the Los Angeles Angels — when they had to make an injury replacement, as Lourdes Gurriel Jr. exited the game with what the club described as “COVID-19 vaccine-related symptoms” after he became nauseous between innings and vomited in a dugout washroom.

For a team already trying to get by without its best player George Springer (oblique and quad strains), it’s presumptive closer Kirby Yates (Tommy John surgery), its top prospect Nate Pearson (adductor strain), one of its top starters Robbie Ray (elbow contusion), plus depth rotation options Thomas Hatch (elbow impingement) and Patrick Murphy (shoulder sprain), it was not a good day.

“I mean, I wasn’t expecting this,” Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo said before the game when asked if he’d anticipated so much early-season adversity and roster maneuvering. “But that’s just part of 2021. A lot of teams are going through things like this right now.”

That’s true — this is pandemic baseball. And ramping-back-up-to-162-after-playing-only-60 baseball, too. Stuff’s going to happen. But an awful lot of stuff’s happening for the Blue Jays. And the fact it’s all happening as the club gets used to its temporary, minor-league home ballpark in a sleepy waterfront town of 35,000 — imagine if a pro sports franchise set up shop in Orillia, Ont. — while playing 16 games in 16 days, battling through a nearly team-wide offensive funk and attempting not to over-work its already razor-thin pitching depth, falls somewhere considerably south of ideal.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
They aren't looking so hot. When did they all get vaxxed?

Last edited:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Joe Musgrove....whodathunkit?

Off all those pitchers traded that handful of years ago....has he been the best? And at the time.....he was not.

Good for him.

Reactions: hockeywiz542
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad