Blue Jays Discussion: Everyone's hurt, but some are starting to make returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
continue from the previous thread, though perhaps without the politicized vaccine talk.

Blue Jays Discussion: - No longer the off-season. It's time for real baseball
But in all fairness, you took a hard line position in the last post of the last thread like there is and only can be only one valid opinion, or option. It's really a far cry from being that cut and dried.

But back to baseball. I hope that Matz is the Matz from prior to 2019! I have never actually seen him pitch.

Reactions: Auston 316

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
But in all fairness, you took a hard line position in the last post of the last thread like there is and only can be only one valid opinion, or option. It's really a far cry from being that cut and dried.

But back to baseball. I hope that Matz is the Matz from prior to 2019! I have never actually seen him pitch.

This will probably be the last time I address the topic because I don't want it to continue here: No, I was not taking a "hardline" stance or saying that there was one valid opinion. I was pointing out that there were people using this to indicate that Bichette was refuting the necessity or value of getting the vaccine when if you read the entirety of his comments from the article he actually says something closer to the opposite.

My concern was entirely about the misinterpretation of what Bichette said and not about the validity of his or any other opinion.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017

Awful news.

Bad news for him but good news for a team like the Jays that can take him and stash him away. Also not the end of the world for Jaden Hill to go late in the 1st round to a good organization rather than get drafted by a team that is terrible at developing prospects Have to imagine the world class rehab facilities at the Jays complex will be compelling advantage if the Jays select him.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I hate missing so many innings with the odd schedule thus far.

Great too see the boys get off to such a great start. Merryweather may have found his niche as a closer.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Been really impressed with the start so far. Pitching has been great. The hitters are having excellent at-bats and the defense has been solid.

Not much confidence in Roark tomorrow.
Hopefully if he gets in trouble he gets a quick hook. Matz took some pressure off the pen today.

Reactions: Hoverhand

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Bad news for him but good news for a team like the Jays that can take him and stash him away. Also not the end of the world for Jaden Hill to go late in the 1st round to a good organization rather than get drafted by a team that is terrible at developing prospects Have to imagine the world class rehab facilities at the Jays complex will be compelling advantage if the Jays select him.
No interest in Jaden Hill with our pick. Short track record of health and performance and some scouts see a reliever. I'm still on the Sam Bachman / Ryan Cusick bus if we're going college pitcher, probably add big lefty Joe Rock there too if I didn't filter for level of competition.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Feels like forever since a Jays starter pitched in the 6th. Super impressed with Matz, here’s hoping he continues to benefit from a change of scenery.

Roark however... ugh.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Roark going to come out with a no hitter tomorrow, you all watch! Or imploded in the 3rd inning. One or the other.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Roark going to come out with a no hitter tomorrow, you all watch! Or imploded in the 3rd inning. One or the other.

596x397.3333333333333-789086803473.jpg

Part of a combined no hitter but gets pulled in the 3rd after walking 7 and giving up 5 runs.

Reactions: Morgs and aingefan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad