Blue Jays Discussion: Everyone's hurt, but some are starting to make returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

I love Greinke, even have his autograph which is extremely hard to get. Great watch

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Bichette doesn’t have the arm for SS, another saved play by Vladdy at 1B

Just put him at 2B he would be the best 2B in the league

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Bichette doesn’t have the arm for SS, another saved play by Vladdy at 1B

Just put him at 2B he would be the best 2B in the league

Neither Bichette nor Biggio have the arm for the left side of the infield.

They need to drastically improve or swap Bichette and Semien. Biggio moves to super utility and the Jays need a 3B.

Reactions: FreeBird

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Neither Bichette nor Biggio have the arm for the left side of the infield.

They need to drastically improve or swap Bichette and Semien. Biggio moves to super utility and the Jays need a 3B.
that rumoured Moustakas + Sonny Gray package from the offseason looking reeeeeeal nice right now.

Reactions: phillipmike

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Jansen is really struggling at the plate again this year. Not sure when he gets his hitting going at this level.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
What a stretch by Vladdy there, saved Bo again. Poor guy is gonna have no groin left by the end of the season

I missed that play last night and assumed he picked a ball out of the dirt or something based on some reactions to it, but Bo made a nice sliding play up the middle and then a strong, accurate throw to first while still sliding. It wouldn't have been an out with the great stretch from Vlad, but I would have called it a fantastic play all around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurtz

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I think Biggio is just a placeholder until Groshans is ready and he would take over 3B. Biggio would go back to super utility or 2B when Semiens leaves.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Everytime we didnt make the playoffs with Halladay, i felt bad we never got him the help in the rotation to get him to the playoffs and win a WS. Felt like we wasted his career.

Ryu as been a million times better than expected. I hope we can load up on arms and really give him a shot at winning a WS because its a pleasure watching him pitch.

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
Only really got back in to baseball the last few months.

Vladdy is hitting really well right now but I was expecting more long bombs - was I wrong to think he was going to be a big homer guy? Or is that something that will come a little later.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Only really got back in to baseball the last few months.

Vladdy is hitting really well right now but I was expecting more long bombs - was I wrong to think he was going to be a big homer guy? Or is that something that will come a little later.

He'll hit bombs. He's on pace for 27 in 650PA this season which is a nice start. Just be happy he's finally fixed his launch angle. Not many go full Jose Bautista in their breakout year.

The power is for real though, the ridiculous in game exit velo + "legendary" power in BP (or HR derby) will most likely have him put up some 40+ HR seasons if he continues to put it together. Even if the HR never come, he has the ability to win batting titles.c

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
He'll hit bombs. He's on pace for 27 in 650PA this season which is a nice start. Just be happy he's finally fixed his launch angle. Not many go full Jose Bautista in their breakout year.

The power is for real though, the ridiculous in game exit velo + "legendary" power in BP (or HR derby) will most likely have him put up some 40+ HR seasons if he continues to put it together. Even if the HR never come, he has the ability to win batting titles.c
Sounds just like his papa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad