Speculation: Evander Kane's Twitter favorites Philadelphia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Seriously? Who gives a **** if he goes about his business in a respectable way as long as he goes about his business? We're not paying him to work customer service, we're paying him to score goals. Hockey fans are so weird when it comes to players' personal lives sometimes. Maybe he'll grow up, maybe he won't. As long as he keeps producing, it's all good.

In my opinion, he's screwing with the media. We're all aware he's young and impulsive. Let's be honest - if, when you were 22, you knew you could just favourite one tweet and our ridiculous media would chew on it for a month straight, would that not be tempting? I mean, the guy favourited one tweet and we're already 3 pages and ~70 replies into it, it is kind of funny.

That's actually something I would still do if I were rich and famous, even if I consider myself grown up...:laugh:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I think you're heavily suggesting that young people in the NHL tend to act this way and that's why it shouldn't be a big deal. I shouldn't say you're saying all young NHL stars do, but that's the implication. He's young and brash so we can understand kind of thing.

I disagree though because his young stupid behavior is showing up in the media a lot and is a distraction imo. He's a distraction where the vast majority of other young players aren't.

Nope, but some young people in the NHL do act like idiots. Heck, Patrick Kane punched a cabbie. And it's much more rampant in other sports. That football kid took a money phone picture soon after he was drafted by the Browns.

Kane isn't unique. Sure, he's imprudent, but so are many others. And most people do grow up.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
He was mad after we missed the playoffs in 2013. Came flying out of the gate early this season. Tired of losing I think. Although he shouldn't be hoping to go to Philly if that's the case.

They've missed the playoffs just as many times as they've made the Stanley Cup finals.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Pretty sure Kane wants to be on the Olympic team, not to mention win the Cup. Whatever he does off the ice, his on-ice performance won't deviate from those goals. I think he shows that pretty much every game.

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
He means that Philly makes the playoffs far more often than they miss. I can see how that would attract those who want to win.

No, they've literally both made the SCF and missed the playoffs 9 times apiece in their franchise history. I thought that was a weird thing to say so I googled it and yeah, that's just a neat stat. I could definitely see that being persuasive if you're a player looking to win.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Isn't it possible that he has a bigger head than wpgsilver and just wanted to favorite a tweet that obviously implies that he's a great player?

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Like, the part about wpgsilver. LOL.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
No, they've literally both made the SCF and missed the playoffs 9 times apiece in their franchise history. I thought that was a weird thing to say so I googled it and yeah, that's just a neat stat. I could definitely see that being persuasive if you're a player looking to win.

This. Obviously the ultimate goal is to win the cup but if you want a chance to win, Philly is one of the first places you would go. They annually spend to the cap and are always competitive.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

I know that, which is why I wasn't disputing the remark. I took the remark and expanded on it, saying that they make the playoffs far more often than they don't. It's a much more reasonable qualifier, I think.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Then we agree. Like I said, I would have a warm sense of schadenfreude if he doesn't get his wish.

We agree on the question you asked, not on the relevance of the off-ice antics. I understand why they're relevant to you, but they're not at all to me. As long as he's not killing puppies, his off ice behaviour is of no import to me.

the logical fallacy going on in this thread is mind numbing. Young +good=brash and stupid jerk. No it doesn't. Where are Jeff Skinners controversies? Troubas? Taylor Halls? The list goes on. Evander Kane is a pompous ****** canoe and I don't want him as a Jet.

I don't agree that there's a logical fallacy being presented on the other side of the argument, TBH. I separate the person from the player: he brings it every time he steps on the ice, which is the only thing I care about. Could he be more 'rah-rah' off ice? Sure, but it doesn't affect my opinion of him as a player. I'm not trying to convince anyone he's a saint - I'm simply stating that the Jets need players like Kane, persona be damned.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I understand why they're relevant to you, but they're not at all to me. As long as he's not killing puppies, his off ice behaviour is of no import to me.

Agreed. I care about how often he puts the puck in the net. He's pretty good at that.

I'd even be fine with him killing puppies off-ice, if they were ugly puppies.

... just kidding. I love ugly puppies.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
We agree on the question you asked, not on the relevance of the off-ice antics. I understand why they're relevant to you, but they're not at all to me. As long as he's not killing puppies, his off ice behaviour is of no import to me.

Fair enough, but how would you respond to SensibleGuy's question?

and what if he does things to try and force your hand and make things difficult for you?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Fair enough, but how would you respond to SensibleGuy's question?

Supposing I was the GM, what could he do to force my hand? His signature is on a contract, and as far as I can see, he still fulfills the requirements of the contract on ice.

Typically, I try to resolve these things by sitting down and discussing them with the person in question. :dunno:

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Supposing I was the GM, what could he do to force my hand?[/B] His signature is on a contract, and as far as I can see, he still fulfills the requirements of the contract on ice.

Typically, I try to resolve these things by sitting down and discussing them with the person in question. :dunno:

Be a cancer in the locker room, dog it on the ice, etc...
Like you said, he's under contract and will get paid regardless.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Be a cancer in the locker room, dog it on the ice, etc...
Like you said, he's under contract and will get paid regardless.

It's currently a hypothetical.

I do understand and respect your argument, I just don't agree with it. Fair?

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
It's currently a hypothetical.

I do understand and respect your argument, I just don't agree with it. Fair?

For sure.

I'm not saying Kane isn't an extremely talented player, I'm saying the Jets would be better off with extremely talented players who want to play in Winnipeg. :)

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Kane has zero hockey or common sense.

He is likely f'ing with fans because he thinks he is a all star nhl player that calls the shots.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
Kane has zero hockey or common sense.

He is likely f'ing with fans because he thinks he is a all star nhl player that calls the shots.

both of THIS!

I honestly think nothing will happen and he just feels like being even more in the spotlight. Kid needs to grow up

jetkarma*

Not sure if this was mentioned as I have not read every post in this thread but Darren Dreger said on H & L that his feeling was Kane isn't on the market from those he has talked with fwiw.

As Chevy said today though if someone calls , he's listening ( as it should be ) , so someone would have to REALLY want him to entice Chevy .

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Not sure if this was mentioned as I have not read every post in this thread but Darren Dreger said on H & L that his feeling was Kane isn't on the market from those he has talked with fwiw.

As Chevy said today though if someone calls , he's listening ( as it should be ) , so someone would have to REALLY want him to entice Chevy .

Tinfoil hat time:

There's a deal in place (likely with Philly) which will be executed at the draft. When other GMs talk to Chevy about Kane, they get the feeling he's not available. That's because he's not, the deal is already done. Then they tell Dreger that Kane isn't available and it leads to speculation he won't be moved.

Au contraire.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
He unfavourited it like... 3 hours ago you guys.

I also noticed January 6th that he favourited a picture of the Chicago skyline at night. Perhaps Chevy has been working on a trade to Chicago for the past 6 months? This is really damning evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille