Speculation: Evander Kane's Twitter favorites Philadelphia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Personally, I'll bet Kane was laughing his arse off when he favourited it. :laugh:

Thats my take. He found it so funny, that he wanted to laugh at it another day.

Who knows. I am not taking much out of this. But if he is a Flyer tomorrow, I will find it very strange :laugh:

22canuk

Sep 17, 2013
I will throw a wild one out there.....Philly is hosting and wants to make a splash. Jets and Flyers have agreed to a trade and will announce the deal at the draft.

Happened last year with New Jersey when they were hosting.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Personally, I'll bet Kane was laughing his arse off when he favourited it. :laugh:

He knows exactly what he's doing, he's trying to force Chevys hand and trade him. Kane may not be the most likable person in the world or mature but he's no dummy.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I will throw a wild one out there.....Philly is hosting and wants to make a splash. Jets and Flyers have agreed to a trade and will announce the deal at the draft.

Wouldn't be surprised either, to me it's just a matter of time before Kane is gone. Draft or before the season starts or at the trade deadline this up coming season.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
He knows exactly what he's doing, he's trying to force Chevys hand and trade him. Kane may not be the most likable person in the world or mature but he's no dummy.

I'm a Kane defender... but really there is no evidence that he isn't a dummy.
He strikes me as a guy who believes he's one step a head of the media and the smarter than the people asking him the questions. The problem is that over time he's proven this isn't the case. I don't think he's particularly deft at handling the media or the narrative about him.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

I'm thinking this may be correct. Can I have one of your tinfoil hats?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I have two opposing views of this.... One is that it's twitter and no big deal.... second is when I am part of a very big deal (at work, because I don't make big deals personally), I'm expected to show zero sign of it in public, or anywhere.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Two things: I actually like him and hope he remains a Jet, and I certainly hope you're not suggesting I think he's a dummy, because that's definitely not my position. Simply making light of the situation.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm thinking this may be correct. Can I have one of your tinfoil hats?

I'm can't say for sure if the Philly deal falls into place but I think Winnipeg is going to make a splash. Just too much out there not for 1 of these deals to fall into place. Maybe Boston ups their offer :yo:

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
I have two opposing views of this.... One is that it's twitter and no big deal.... second is when I am part of a very big deal (at work, because I don't make big deals personally), I'm expected to show zero sign of it in public, or anywhere.

But your probably a businessman who knows better. We are talking about a 22 yr old with millions of dollars and has a pretty big ego.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Well, we do know his hands are forever gold.

Fixed that for you. Can't have him being seen as damaged.
Lipstick on a pig, get er on nice n thick. :sarcasm: ;)

Someone_Blabbed.jpg

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Last season he favourited a tweet about Seto being benched. Don't put too much stock into something someone does on Twitter is what I say.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
But your probably a businessman who knows better. We are talking about a 22 yr old with millions of dollars and has a pretty big ego.

True, (except I'm not much of a businessman) you would think that teams would have their players sign NDA's during this period. Seriously.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

And if Evander's little childish twitter act "forces" Chevy to trade him for less than we want and hurts the Jets, then Chevy should be fired right after the trade.

Evander just may have to still play here for another 4 years. He's being paid to be a professional and play to the best of his ability. If he wants to twitter his displeasure or pout about it, it will only hurt his future chances at a trade. The whole problem with social media is people think they can say anything and it won't haunt them. Twitter something behind your bosses back in the "real" world of employment and see what happens.

Evander's young, I get that, but he's still stupid. He's a stupid kid with a lot of money. Best to just keep your mouth shut and let the hockey business take care of things. There is a reason Chevy has a phone and an office. You want to send him a message, that's the forum to do it. Not twitter.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Is this really how people think Kane would show that he wants to be traded?

I mean, I'm not saying that Kane is brilliant, but do you really believe that he's so stupid he would show that he wants to be traded by favoriting a tweet that wants him in Philly?

Isn't it possible that he has a bigger head than wpgsilver and just wanted to favorite a tweet that obviously implies that he's a great player?

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Is this really how people think Kane would show that he wants to be traded?

I mean, I'm not saying that Kane is brilliant, but do you really believe that he's so stupid he would show that he wants to be traded by favoriting a tweet that wants him in Philly?

Isn't it possible that he has a bigger head than wpgsilver and just wanted to favorite a tweet that obviously implies that he's a great player?

That kind of common sense thinking will get you banded around here :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad