Speculation: Evander Kane's Twitter favorites Philadelphia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Just one more step in Evander Kane's march towards the hockey hall of fame, "Social Media" category, and eternal greatness in the eyes of ...

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Still want Kane on this team. Hoping he just thought it would be funny without really thinking it through, though perspective matters so maybe he did and didn't think much of it. Tough to call.

Met enough athletes through my years. Some are great people, some aren't. Ultimately I don't care as long as they compete for the team as their highest priority. I will say I've met Kane on two occasions and while not overly talkative, he was friendly and very professional for the duration of the events I was at.

I do consider this tweet adding fuel to the fire that Kane wants out, whether that's true or not. If he does, or TNSE wants him gone, I just hope we get the return Chevy has intimated and we all expect. This kid is a great hockey player. I'd rather he plays here but if not I hope we rob the bank.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm pretty much convinced Kane is already gone. They are going to announce it when on the draft floor. Chevy all but admitted Kane had asked for a trade in the little presser he did today...

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
If he has asked for a trade I hope Chevy doesn't feel forced to make one like so many GM's have in the past and got crap return. Make a fair hockey deal or he suits up next season for the Jets.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I'm pretty much convinced Kane is already gone. They are going to announce it when on the draft floor. Chevy all but admitted Kane had asked for a trade in the little presser he did today...

If Kane is traded, they shouldn't announce it the normal way at the draft. Bettman should go up on stage, pull out his favorite device, and tweet the trade to Kane since that's Kane's way of sending messages.

"You've been traded to xxxxxx :)"

White Out 403*

Kane isn't the kind of guy I want on my team. He's a "me" guy. Brash, arrogant, money phone jerk. Trouble follows him around. To be fair though, [sarcasm] all the off ice antic of Trouba Scheif and our young goaltender prospects shows good people can have bad situations follow them around[/sarcasm].

Last edited by a moderator:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Didn't he favorite a tweet about the possibility of him being traded to Boston for Marchand a couple of weeks ago?

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Kane isn't the kind of guy I want on my team. He's a "me" guy. Brash, arrogant, money phone jerk. Trouble follows him around. To be fair though, all the off ice antic of Trouba Scheif and our young goaltender prospects shows good people can have bad situations follow them around.

I must have missed this spot of rumor....what did Trouba and Scheif apparently get into?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Kane isn't the kind of guy I want on my team. He's a "me" guy. Brash, arrogant, money phone jerk. Trouble follows him around.

He's a young, highly skilled, hockey-playing millionaire. I'm surprised he's as reserved as he is, and I'm glad he's a Jet. I think his antics are funny, myself. Nothing he has done off-ice is overly egregious, IMHO, and on the ice, no one wants the 'winz' more than Kane.

If for some reason he's traded, the return better be damned good.

White Out 403*

Sorry I guess my sarcasm didn't come through. Mark and Jacob don't have off ice drama following them around; which is my point

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Sorry I guess my sarcasm didn't come through. Mark and Jacob don't have off ice drama following them around; which is my point

46297-Troy-and-Abed-well-played-sir-LcXG.gif

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika 4m

Chuck Fletcher said he expects a lot of trade activity. Teams prefer that route to free agency this year.

One GM thinks there will be lots of trade activity.

Last edited:

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Quite the mental gymnastics meet going on in this thread.

It's pretty clear Kane wants out of Winnipeg. I almost hope he doesn't get his wish and despises every second of his tenure. He's exactly the type who deserves to be taken down a notch or two.

Last edited:

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

awe man, I even tried to read it with sarcasm but i wasn't picking up on it....

your inclusion of "our young goalie" threw me off. I thought you meant pav...who did do off ice antics...which masked the sarcasm...I solved the riddle..

22canuk

Sep 17, 2013
I will say this.....Wayne Simmonds, and the Schenn brothers.....ooooh that would be nice. Wayne would be an almost instant fan favourite here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad