Speculation: Evander Kane

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
They need to void the deal and deal with the fallout as it comes. There's probable cause that they'd be able to get out of the majority of his cap hit without needing to buy him out.

At this point, I’d just terminate, let the NHLPA file their grievance and take it to arb with the League. Pretty sure Bettman would support voiding the contract in this case.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
At this point, I’d just terminate, let the NHLPA file their grievance and take it to arb with the League. Pretty sure Bettman would support voiding the contract in this case.

I would think so as well but who the hell knows what's going on behind the scenes here. It's likely best for everyone involved to just get the termination done. It hypothetically helps Kane with the bankruptcy proceedings.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Now fake stories about his teammates not wanting him are coming out. Media has been bored as shit this summer

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Do you blame the players? It might not be fake. Kane has had issues his entire career.
byfuglienKaneFinger.jpg

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
NHL GMs (especially in recent days) have made it clear they don't particularly care about how shitty of a person you are. If you can play hockey at a high enough level, someone will pick you up.

For near league minimum. Look at DeAngelo. San Jose would be smart to look into contract termination. Would teams line up for Kane at much redcuded rate like 3-4 million? Probably. Does he hold value at his career cap hit, term with reports some San Jose teammates want him off the club. Time will tell

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Do you blame the players? It might not be fake. Kane has had issues his entire career.

I blame Kane but I will also blame players who place blame for their own struggles on Kane's doorstep. Kane was their best player this season and I get not wanting him back because of all the baggage but guys like Burns, Couture, Karlsson, Labanc, and Meier all had struggles that on the ice that shouldn't have anything to do with Kane or the off-ice stuff. If they did yet he still produced well, they need to look into the mirror and maybe get moved themselves.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
If it’s real, 100% he would have been bought out. This is pure athletic trying to get clicks
Why buy someone out if you have even a slight chance of voiding the contract? Athletic article is meaningless the only thing that matters is what the NHL's investigation turns up. If they find evidence that he bet on NHL games no matter the team he is getting suspended. If they have proof he bet on his own team he is toast. I am not even talking about the allegations of throwing games. If he bet on the sharks to WIN he is toast and his contract voided.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Why buy someone out if you have even a slight chance of voiding the contract? Athletic article is meaningless the only thing that matters is what the NHL's investigation turns up. If they find evidence that he bet on NHL games no matter the team he is getting suspended. If they have proof he bet on his own team he is toast. I am not even talking about the allegations of throwing games. If he bet on the sharks to WIN he is toast and his contract voided.
I’m taking about his teammates in Sam Jose having problems with him which is guaranteed made up. They even pulled the article. Your correct on the void, but attacking his character to feed the trolls is what I’m disappointed in

Reactions: benedictTavares

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I’m taking about his teammates in Sam Jose having problems with him which is guaranteed made up. They even pulled the article. Your correct on the void, but attacking his character to feed the trolls is what I’m disappointed in
"made up"

you have good sources?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I view his betting against his team as more "insider trading" compared to "throwing games". There is a distinction, but I for one didn't want him on my team since he left the Giants, so...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad