Player Discussion Evander Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
In less than a year he was thrown off one team, involved in an incident that is being investigated for a sexual assault, and has now been suspended. Kane has more than written his one way ticket out of town by now.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
He was in Toronto last night at the NBA All-Star game.

CbRe3TnUUAAzeWt.jpg

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo
In less than a year he was thrown off one team, involved in an incident that is being investigated for a sexual assault, and has now been suspended. Kane has more than written his one way ticket out of town by now.

Absolutely not, he has been great for the Sabres

He'll learn from his mistakes, he's still a young kid

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
ITT its going to be a bunch of people that have never gone out, had fun, and then had to work the next day... Unfortunately in hockey, you cant call in sick.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
ITT its going to be a bunch of people that have never gone out, had fun, and then had to work the next day... Unfortunately in hockey, you cant call in sick.

No you can't and when you make as much money as Kane does you're held to a different standard.

He can go out all he wants, but he better damn well be at practice the next day.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Absolutely not, he has been great for the Sabres

He'll learn from his mistakes, he's still a young kid

Though I'm not at the point that pigpen65 is, there has to be a point that using youth as an excuse just doesn't cut it anymore. He's already been shunned on one team's locker room for whatever reasons, but he had the chance to change as a person/player and become more mature and take his job more seriously, and to this point, IMO he has done this but this is not good to see.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Sexual assault investigations and suspensions = learning in what parallel universe?

Sexual assault investigations - Has been proven guilty of this yet? I haven't really followed this case that closely. Last I heard, it was the hospital looking into it and not the girl.

Suspension - disregard

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
No you can't and when you make as much money as Kane does you're held to a different standard.

He can go out all he wants, but he better damn well be at practice the next day.

Thats not actually true. If they're actually sick/injured they do get to "call in sick" if you will. Players regularly get excused from practice for being sick or injured (maintenance day up to LTIR). But they don't have "sick time" to use as they please to not come to work just because they don't want to. If anything they have amazing sick/injury time. They get paid full salary no matter how much time the miss due to illness or injury. Connolly made millions from the Sabres while he spent an entire year recovery from a concussion/neck/TMJ issues. There are guys whose careers have ended due to injury that are still getting paid whats left of their contracts.

This is part of why I said Bananasquad's post was disconnected from reality.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Needs to learn at some point, hopefully it's now. I need to not look at the main page...

The main board is good for a laugh if you have thick skin, but if you take the opinions of internet posters too seriously you'll find yourself in a **** storm.

Am I disappointed? A bit, but at the same time I'm not all that surprised. We knew Kane was coming with some baggage. He's been a beast for the past week+, so I'm hoping he can put this behind him and continue grinding. Time will tell if he learns his lesson at some point. It's obvious he's a pretty selfish person, but hopefully he can mature a bit and not allow it to affect his professional life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad